Can ya help a dog out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
    Surgery went well. Hope to see her later today.
    I guess if you're used to seeng people die all the time,a dog is no issue.
    While he's an asshole about it, he's not wrong. I like dogs and all, but I wouldn't spend thousands or put myself in debt for one.

Comment

Oh I didnt take that as being an ass. He just stated an option. And I do have back up pets.
      She now has her back shaved and a ton of stitches. At least shes still has her charm and trying to move. Wags her tail even.

Comment

They will put up with a lot of pain on our behalf and often not show it. We have a rescue dog that was still in recovery from a broken hip when we got him, and the vet that had treated him gave him Tramadol for pain relief. We gave him some of those after we had him, but not really very many and he never once "complained" that I recall.

Best wishes for her recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          Easy fix. Put the dog down and get another one.
          That's where I'm at. We tend to base the decision off of our desire to keep the dog alive, not what is in the best interest of the animal.

Comment

Ive had same conversation about my chevelle. But it's getting there

Comment

Glad your dog is making a good recovery!

As I type this, I'm outside watching my dog struggle to breathe. She looks like trying to puke but can't seem to get it out. She doesn't eat much anymore. From our first vet visit on the 6th, she's never seemed to progress from what we though was kennel cough. I bought some other medicine online last week and told the kids we'd give her till Tues before going back to the vet. Thursday night she looked pretty bad so we loaded her up yesterday after work and went back to the vet. Even the assistant was surprised by her lack of spunk from the first visit. After the vet came in and talked a little, he could see her labored breathing, bulging neck/throat and said this doesn't look good. Recommended Blood work and x-rays. I was hesitant at first because of the costs associated with this. $300 so far and that doesn't even treat anything. The assistant gave me some possibilities based on visual assessment but ultimately they need to run tests so I started with the cheapest.

"Blood work came back surprisingly good" the vet said. I was hoping that would be enough to find something but it a wasn't so I ok'd the x-rays. This is where things got real.

The vet called us back and gave us the news (my 12yr old son was with me). Turns out she has a growth. A tumor of some sort that is getting larger and is already pushing on her lungs, heart, trachea,... Everything. I asked if there was any medication, he said "no". I looked at the vet and asked "anything?", He just shook his head. After a little silence my son figured out what was going on. They said we can take her home for the weekend to decide next steps so we left with some pain meds.

He said she may have 2-3 weeks left but after watching her struggle to breathe, knowing shes not eating, I don't know if I can let her go out like that for that much longer. It's not official but we may have to put her down this week.

Comment

look into CBD derivatives, people are having tons of success with treating tumors with it. sorry to hear your pup isnt doing well

Comment

Dude, thanks for the suggestion. Found a place that sells it... Also had dog treats with it. I gave her the 1 kibble, which should have about 10 mg. The sales girl suggested 1 kibble every few hrs so I'll start with that.

Comment

my mom just put hers down, but he was prescribed imminent death about 10 months ago. she started reading up on it and had amazing results, even her vet was skeptical at first but after a couple months asked for more info as he was astounded at what was going on with her dog. best wishes man, I fear the day my pup gets to that point.

Comment

also, if you want to PM me the info you have about her condition, I can possibly get you some more info or some contacts/message boards to look at

Comment

Sorry to hear your lil buddy not sounding good. CBD oil is actually easy to make if you have time. Works good on my arthritic elbows and hands. Dont see why it wont work on a pet.
                        Little Roxie is actually walking outside on her own. Still dragging feet on slippery surfaces,but the improvement is impressive. She makes it look easy

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

First attempt at imgur

Comment

My big ole softie went down today. It was good timing as she took a terrible turn this weekend. I was having to pick her up but up and get her moving. For a dog that wouldn't eat, she ate three pizzas over the last three days and I was glad I had three of her pain meds left from a couple of years ago. Pet loss center of Dallas was reasonably priced for pick up and cremation. Vet was super nice and the guy showed up right after to pick her up so perfect timing. Sucks but I am glad it is over.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              My big ole softie went down today. It was good timing as she took a terrible turn this weekend. I was having to pick her up but up and get her moving. For a dog that wouldn't eat, she ate three pizzas over the last three days and I was glad I had three of her pain meds left from a couple of years ago. Pet loss center of Dallas was reasonably priced for pick up and cremation. Vet was super nice and the guy showed up right after to pick her up so perfect timing. Sucks but I am glad it is over.
                              sorry to hear that Jason.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sorry for lost of your bud. Sounds like he went out full and happy

Comment

Working...
                                X