Dashcam recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashcam recommendations?

I have a new family hauler and want to put a dashcam in it. Preferably one that someone can hard-wire install wo I don't have cords running every which way. Any recommendations on brand/place to take it to get it done?

TIA

If your mirror has power the mirror-tap kits work pretty well. As for specific models there are hundreds with different features. Look for gps, auto incident recording and 1080P. Wifi backups are also a good feature to have.

Thinkware seems to be the most cutting edge but at nearly $300 I'd gamble on a few Chinese ones on Amazon first.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      If your mirror has power the mirror-tap kits work pretty well. As for specific models there are hundreds with different features. Look for gps, auto incident recording and 1080P. Wifi backups are also a good feature to have.

Thinkware seems to be the most cutting edge but at nearly $300 I'd gamble on a few Chinese ones on Amazon first.
      The mirror has power. I've seen some videos of some that have both front and rear-facing cameras, so I'm curious what would be required in those installs. I guess I will have to do a ton of google-fu. Unless EW wants to pipe up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        The mirror has power. I've seen some videos of some that have both front and rear-facing cameras, so I'm curious what would be required in those installs. I guess I will have to do a ton of google-fu. Unless EW wants to pipe up.
        Checking in for same.

David

Comment

I have not used many of them. I have the Kenwood DRV-410 but have not installed it yet to try it out.

Comment

Cheapest way is just hold your cell phone up while driving, in video record mode.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Cheapest way is just hold your cell phone up while driving, in video record mode.
              Facebook live is even better.

Comment

I have a new family hauler and want to put a dashcam in it. Preferably one that someone can hard-wire install wo I don't have cords running every which way. Any recommendations on brand/place to take it to get it done?

TIA
                This is what I have...

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Facebook live is even better.
                  That is an excellent suggestion, but you'd have to have Facebook. I guess you would have a bajillion witnesses if there were an incident tho.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    That looks like a nice one, but I don't have a doctor's budget, lol.

Comment

That looks like a nice one, but I don't have a doctor's budget, lol.
                      What is your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Somewhere south of $300. I've been doing a lot of research to even see if it's worth it. I'd really prefer one that can be hardwired into the mirror's power, so I don't have cables all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                        X