Back in the saddle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the saddle!

When I found out my wife was pregnant a year and a half ago I sold my turbo/efi '67 coupe. Then after the baby was born I thought I was doing the right thing and traded in my modded '07 GT on an '11 F150 super crew EcoBoost. I've missed my car from day one but I really liked the truck so all was well.

It's a year later now and the itch still hadn't gone away. In fact, over the last few months, it has gotten worse. I'm thankful to have a wife who understands me and is willing to put up with my shenanigans. So, with her blessing I started shopping.

I picked up a new 2013 premium GT last night! Nothing too fancy: Brembos, 3.55s, heated seats, and back up sensors. The best part is is that my wife loves it. Especially the color. Happy wife...happy life.

As far as mod plans...Down the road I can definitely see the basics going on it (JLT, tune, springs, and mufflers), but for now I just want to enjoy the car. It's funny to think that bone stock the '13 makes more power at the wheels than my full bolt-on '07 did (350rwhp/334rwtq). And it's quieter and easier to drive...oh, and the warranty is nice, too.
    Last edited by Brn N Rubr; 09-29-2012, 07:03 PM.

Needs more supercharger.
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! 6spd or Auto
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

It's a stick. I didn't even know they made Mustangs with automatics.

A supercharger would be nice...but my warranty is nicer for the time being. And, you should know me well enough to know that it would be a turbo car if anything.

Comment

Nice! I like the color!
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I had a '10 in the same color, I loved it. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post

A supercharger would be nice...but my warranty is nicer for the time being. And, you should know me well enough to know that it would be a turbo car if anything.
              FRPP S/C kits come with a 12,000 mile warranty...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

You know you'd blow the welds on the intake with a turbo. Don't be silly.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                  You know you'd blow the welds on the intake with a turbo. Don't be silly.
                  I didn't know composite intakes had welds...u lern sumthin knew ery day.

Comment

They do and they are faster then stick cars!

Comment

Damn, we better be careful, this might actually become a mustang site again with all the members that have recently purchased a new mustang...
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Nice car and color, I love the new 'stangs.

I didn't even know they made Mustangs with automatics.
                        The autos can easily dip into the 9's with no mods, you don't have to worry about upgrading clutches, input shafts, or buying a shifter.
                        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                        '13 Dodge Cummins
                        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Nice, it's begging for a drop.
                          2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                          sigpic

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I bet we are back up to a 30% ratio of mustang owners haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X