97 Cobra LSx Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
    I hope it was less than a grand that thing is rough as a cob.
    The rear end is worth that

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Yep, that bitch is rough.

What kind of time frame are you looking at with it?
    8 months for complete turbod setup/paint. Should run in about 4. All depends on work schedule and deals on parts.

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
    No mo Fofivesixes?
    4.10s. Am going with 3.55's though.
    2012 GT500

Comment

A build thread with no building, what a hipster. I'm going to trip you the next time I see you in the BLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
        I disagree. Car doesn't need coil overs. Would be cool though.
        Coil overs are worth every penny.

Comment

I disagree. Car doesn't need coil overs. Would be cool though.
          You're missing my point. If you're going to sweat shit like $500 for coilovers, what happens when fuel pumps, fuel lines, oil feed/drain lines, intercooler piping, T-bands, fittings, welding etc. come up? I assure you, the nickel-N-dime adds up quick. I have over $1,000 in my turbo Festiva setup that's separate from the free intercooler and turbo.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            You're missing my point. If you're going to sweat shit like $500 for coilovers, what happens when fuel pumps, fuel lines, oil feed/drain lines, intercooler piping, T-bands, fittings, welding etc. come up? I assure you, the nickel-N-dime adds up quick. I have over $1,000 in my turbo Festiva setup that's separate from the free intercooler and turbo.
            Very much the Truth

Comment

Yep. It is all about necessary vs. unnecessary. I don't have a very big budget for the car, so cash has got to go to the main necessities. The $400 in tubular a arms is a very good start to a tko. Once the car has all the necessary stuff i'll start working on turbo and paint etc etc. At least all the rear end stuff is done already. important corners wont be cut.
              2012 GT500

Comment

This stuff will not be scrimped on..
                Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Yep. It is all about necessary vs. unnecessary. I don't have a very big budget for the car, so cash has got to go to the main necessities. The $400 in tubular a arms is a very good start to a tko. Once the car has all the necessary stuff i'll start working on turbo and paint etc etc. At least all the rear end stuff is done already. important corners wont be cut.
                  In that case, motor/trans/wiring/fuel/K-member. Get it running first.
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

Lol, a tubular k member was unnecessary.
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                      So are you.

He's at least spending that money on a solid base. You can do whatever you need from a tubular K. At least it wasn't $500 on anodized IC piping.
                      dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                        True, but I got a decent deal on the k/mounts. I have heard there could be some clearance issues with the exhaust and thehead says you want all the room you can get. There is some decent weight difference too.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

anyone have an engine hoist leveler?
                          2012 GT500

Comment

True, but I got a decent deal on the k/mounts. I have heard there could be some clearance issues with the exhaust and thehead says you want all the room you can get. There is some decent weight difference too.
                            My brother's 4 eyed coupe either has a 4.8 or 5.3 with the stock k member. The only way to tell the difference is to take out a plug and see if this piston has a dish or not. It would be kewl to line them up after you are done.
                            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

In that case, motor/trans/wiring/fuel/K-member. Get it running first.
                              That's the plan. Luckily the motor has all wiring with it down to the battery cables. Even has maf, o2 sensors, gas pedal, etc. Only thing we have to do is get some custom a/c lines and run some aftermarket gauges. Car already has a walboro 255 in tank which will work for the moment. Planning on running dual 255's for the turbo setup with 60lb injectors and some bigger steel braided fuel line. Transmission is the next big step. It will take me awhile to afford a tko and nice clutch. Driveshaft will also have to be custom made.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

You figure out what you're doing for the clutch setup? Still going to be hydraulic?
                                --Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X