Buying a used CTS-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a used CTS-V

I'm thinking of buying a used CTS-V with a supercharger. Would there be any downsides to buying one in the 60-70k mile range? Can they handle the boost for that many miles? I'm looking at 2009-2012 some examples...

2011 $37,000, 34k miles
    2011 $30,000, 77k miles
    2012 $35,000, 53k miles

Anything I should be aware of with these cars?

I had a ‘12 V sedan auto for 3 years and put 50k miles on it. It was a Corp lease and I drove it as such. 4 sets of tires and I had a fuel card too. In short, I beat the piss out of it and floored it every chance I got.

The thing was a tank besides a diff replacement (original one whined). One of the best cars I’ve owned. If you can find a stock, unmolested one, you should get a lot of good service out of it.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

I bought my now ex GF a wagon version some years ago and really liked it. She was unhappy with the mileage though. I would not hesitate buying a used one but the odd skip shift feature drove me nuts and I never got around to getting rid of it. It would run a 12 flat on street tires and was a blast to drive. The only car like it I have driven and can compare it to is an E55.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

One would think there would be a post about a CTS-V wagon purchase in the archives

Comment

I searched and most of the results were for gen 1 CTSV's. I didn't find much info or comments regarding the supercharged version.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            I bought my now ex GF a wagon version some years ago and really liked it. She was unhappy with the mileage though. I would not hesitate buying a used one but the odd skip shift feature drove me nuts and I never got around to getting rid of it. It would run a 12 flat on street tires and was a blast to drive. The only car like it I have driven and can compare it to is an E55.
            Bought her..... from a dude that claims he’s rollin’ in P nine miles deep for free. See you’re pretty normal, just like everyone else ‘round here.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Bought her..... from a dude that claims he’s rollin’ in P nine miles deep for free. See you’re pretty normal, just like everyone else ‘round here.
              TRUF!!!

I buy all my bitches a CTS-V.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

A quick search brought up some really good threads on the below forum.

A forum community dedicated to Cadillac CTS-V owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about V-Series performance, modifications, horsepower, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Comment

Mine had odd electrical gremlins but nothing major. Windows not syncing up with the door opening and closing, flickering AC control lights, the sunroofs have drain issues, AWD have driveshaft issues. Mine was a 12 Coupe 3.6 performance model. Funny though the only difference was the trim level not engine mods. Even the 3.6 was deceptively fast while cruising. Loved that car but generally hate GM products. The electrical stuff did not surprise me.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    One would think there would be a post about a CTS-V wagon purchase in the archives
                    I rarely talk about my cars unless I am directly asked about them. Do you think this is a car forum or something?

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    I was with her for 5 years and we were working on having a kid; the wagon was to replace a Mustang I got her from Whiteboy. Her money was spent on it; not just mine since she makes her own money. I got ass on the side while I was with her and that was free; we split up sometime back.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      I rarely talk about my cars unless I am directly asked about them.
                      Oh. Who asked you directly this time?

Comment

I do not need a ctsv
                        I do not need a ctsv
                        I do not need a ctsv

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                          I had a ‘12 V sedan auto for 3 years and put 50k miles on it. It was a Corp lease and I drove it as such. 4 sets of tires and I had a fuel card too. In short, I beat the piss out of it and floored it every chance I got.

The thing was a tank besides a diff replacement (original one whined). One of the best cars I’ve owned. If you can find a stock, unmolested one, you should get a lot of good service out of it.
                          Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                          A quick search brought up some really good threads on the below forum.

http://www.ctsvowners.com
                          Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          Mine had odd electrical gremlins but nothing major. Windows not syncing up with the door opening and closing, flickering AC control lights, the sunroofs have drain issues, AWD have driveshaft issues. Mine was a 12 Coupe 3.6 performance model. Funny though the only difference was the trim level not engine mods. Even the 3.6 was deceptively fast while cruising. Loved that car but generally hate GM products. The electrical stuff did not surprise me.
                          Thanks for the info guys. I haven't bit the bullet yet but it's really tempting.

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          I do not need a ctsv
                          I do not need a ctsv
                          I do not need a ctsv
                          I keep repeating the same thing to myself but it's not working.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            Oh. Who asked you directly this time?
                            I wasn't my car.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                              I do not need a ctsv
                              I do not need a ctsv
                              I do not need a ctsv
                              I've been saying the same thing about an m5 for a while now

Comment

Working...
                              X