Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great, nice work

Comment

Found some time to get a bit of work done on this. We had previously blasted the firewall and got the sealer coat of epoxy primer on it. My Dad then applied filler and got that all sanded down within the last month. This week we pulled it off the cab dolly to blast the outer floor and then primed/sealed. I will be spraying raptor liner on the firewall and cab floor this weekend.

Last edited by NoClassic; 10-20-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Finished the raptor liner on the cab floor. Happy with how this stuff went down. Not going to have time to complete the firewall before I head out again unfortunately.

Comment

Does anyone have a source for a good complete 12V 6bt cylinder heads. The manifold shrunk on the motor and damaged a few stud locations beyond repair. I am seeing new castings for around $700, but used would be fine if in working condition.

Comment

Finished painting and undercoating the firewall over the Thanksgiving break. We should have the motor re-sealed and the new head installed around Christmas. Maybe even drop it in the chassis along with the trans and tcase.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of good images, was really just trying to focus on the work with my limited time back with the truck.

The complete drivetrain is now mounted in the chassis and cab dropped to check final fitment. New head was installed along with a full gasket/seal replacement on the engine (front cover temporarily installed while we wait for a new fuel pump shaft washer). Transfer case input shaft swapped to 29 spline dodge version and went with the Valair NMU70279-HD-5SCE clutch. Transmission cross member is done and I completed the loop in the rear cab brace to clear the NP271 flanged yoke. This also serves as a driveshaft loop which is cool.

I am gone again but my Dad is going to work on getting the fuel system installed along with remaining engine accessories. He should also be able to have the exhaust components to a shop for ceramic coatings here soon.

Last edited by NoClassic; 04-24-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X