Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obamacare - How has it affected your family ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamacare - How has it affected your family ?

Im curious to how the real people on the front lines of middle class America have been affected by Obamacare?
    Ive got a "cadillac" plan, so I pay taxes on my benefits..

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Im curious to how the real people on the front lines of middle class America have been affected by Obamacare?
    Ive got a "cadillac" plan, so I pay taxes on my benefits..
    Middle class America? You're asking the wrong questions on the wrong forum.

Choo choo mother fucker!

Comment

Went from Tricare Prime to Standard.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I work for a very large company with the buying power of around 60k employees. Our premiums have tripled over the last 4-5 years. Coverage is about the same but co-pays and deductibles have raised slightly. I know several small business owners that are in bad shape solely due to O-care.

Comment

My premiums are not that bad, but my HRA is great if you A) dont need a lot of care or B) if you need a LOT of care. If you fall in the middle ground, it can be miserable

Comment

My company has paid 100% of my health coverage for the last 4 years. But my pay has been boarderline stagnant the entire time
            Last edited by Torinoman; 07-29-2017, 11:44 AM.
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I used to carry a major medical policy with a 10k deductible that paid 100 percent after the deductible had been met up to 15 million that cost me 80 bucks per month. Obama care made that type of policy illegal. Coverage now cost nearly 10 times what I used to pay for a policy that I do not want.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Currently paying $500/month for the family, pay doctors visit at a "discounted" rate about $100 average per visit, $3,400 deductible until insurance pays 80%, then $7,000 deductible until insurances pays 100%.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I didn't have insurance before the divorce, but me, two kids, $600 a month, $1500 deductible each then 100% covered after that. Don't know if that's good, bad or whatever, but I have to have it.

Comment

I'm currently learning spanish as my primary language and training myself to respond naturally to Juan. I am hoping that in the event of an injury, I can divert the expense to the american taxpayer by claiming to be from another country.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      I used to carry a major medical policy with a 10k deductible that paid 100 percent after the deductible had been met up to 15 million that cost me 80 bucks per month. Obama care made that type of policy illegal. Coverage now cost nearly 10 times what I used to pay for a policy that I do not want.
                      That's funny because my family policy has a 10k deductible and then pays 100% after through my work. It's a bcbs plan. Company gives us most of the 10k as an HRA. If something big happens, you cover the gap.

Comment

I went from $0/month in 2010 for family to $400/month. Pretty fucking obvious. "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance" was a crock of fabricated shit and anyone with half a financial brain knew it from the get-go: my original insurance plan no longer exists because it isn't viable for an insurance company or MY EMPLOYER. They went to shittier coverage (high deductible, lower insurance portion payout bullshit) and policies like mine disappeared like a fart in a stiff wind.

Repeal the whole fucking thing. Insurance was a lot cheaper with open market competition.
                        Last edited by DON SVO; 07-29-2017, 06:11 AM.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

My company is fairly large and does their best to cover the costs of insurance, but it's still gone up 3-4 times what it was prior to all this crap.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

democrats ave been working on single payer since lbj in 64 . when hillarycare/obammacare fails the only answer is we will save you with single payer .

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              My company is fairly large and does their best to cover the costs of insurance, but it's still gone up 3-4 times what it was prior to all this crap.
                              Exactly this.

Comment

Working...
                              X