Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obamacare - How has it affected your family ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Currently paying $500/month for the family, pay doctors visit at a "discounted" rate about $100 average per visit, $3,400 deductible until insurance pays 80%, then $7,000 deductible until insurances pays 100%.
    I have the $100 doctor visit rate but none of the other stuff. Actually if I just need the general practitioner it's $60 to visit. Then again I had Tricare standard up to about a year ago and haven't been to a doctor since it lapsed.

Comment

Working for large companies I've had my deductibles rise 3-4 times, my coverage get FAR worse and my premiums rise by almost double... oh, and my taxes went way up.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
        My company has paid 100% of my health coverage for re last 4 years. But my pay has been boarderline stagnant the entire time
        Companies have been loving using that as an excuse for shitty pay.

"but our benefits!"

"that's great, but i'm a healthy male who no kids for now, so making money is my primary priority"

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          Companies have been loving using that as an excuse for shitty pay.

"but our benefits!"

"that's great, but i'm a healthy male who no kids for now, so making money is my primary priority"
          This. I'm meeting with director in the next week or so to discuss my pay vs open market. I filled a position that has been vacated 3 times from people being head hunted to other companies in the last 2 years.
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

My mom was able to enroll into it with previous existing conditions March 1, 2014. Was admitted to the hospital March 2 paid $6k deductible. Left hospital in a body bag March 17, 2014. Deductible refunded 60 days later. No medical bills due.

As for me I'm on some united healthcare PPO. Costs me $50 a month. Never really use it for anything. Been on it since 11.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              democrats ave been working on single payer since lbj in 64 . when hillarycare/obammacare fails the only answer is we will save you with single payer .
              How are things going on the repeal

I haven't been following it
              WH

Comment

Employer-provided Cadillac plan, $20 copay for doctor's office visit, $381/month for self + 1.

Comment

Had to resort to an HMO due to PPO cost renewal quadrupling per paycheck bi-weekly.

Comment

We went from roughly $500 a month for a family of 3 to no longer being able to afford insurance. The best deal was through my employer, to the tune of $16xx a month with $4800 per person deductible. My wife works at an er, their insurance was over 2k for all 3. We diddent even check into Obamacare as she said almost every person that comes in with it, it does not cover shit. No er coverage, stupid high deductibles etc. so we have gone the last 4 years without coverage with no end in sight to get any.

Comment

rinos stopped the repeal . hopefully trump follows through with stopping their subsides . put the white house on obamacare and see how fast those fools get it done .

Comment

I used to have a great cadillac plan that was like $68 per paycheck for me and my son, I couldn't afford to put my wife on the plan and we paid for some BCBC plan just to not get fined by Obama.

When I switched jobs, my new employer only has a High Deductible plan that barely discounts stuff ($125 for doctors visit) until we hit our deductibles. Family deductible is 4,000, individual is 6850 and out of pocket max is 12,000.

Only bright side is I kept my aflac from my last job so when I knock the wife up for the second and final time, that will help. It was a huge benefit last time. Plus I have $100 a paycheck going to my HSA, and that helps defer a lot of the costs.

So now when I get sick, I just deal with it until I get better because going to the doctor is now almost cost prohibitive.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                          So now when I get sick, I just deal with it until I get better because going to the doctor is now almost cost prohibitive.
                          This is an important idea that the idiots on the left either don't understand or more likely, do not care about. IE, this stupid law made going to the doctor a lot more expensive for a lot of people so they don't do it. Sure, they got insurance but the leftist idiots just ignore the fact that insurance and health care are two very different things.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

i am glad the bill did not pass. let obamacare implode and do not fund any bailouts . let the country see once and for all how badly the left has screwed us.

Comment

I have good insurance at work. It was classified as a cadillac plan, so they made changes. I have two kids now, one 14 and the other 9. The first one didn't cost me a penny. The second one cost me $80. Both were C-section babies. Now I have an HDHP plan. Work still helps a ton with the cost of it compared to most places, but it sucks compared to what I once had. ACA needs to disappear.

Comment

I provide my own insurance with BCBS and saw a 25% increase in premiums.

Comment

Working...
                                X