X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary and Bernie Supporters

Ho Lee Fuk
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Californians...shocking. At least a few of them got fairly close.

Seriously though, it would probably shock a lot of us if they did the same on-the-street interview in virtually any major city.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        Ho Lee Fuk
        perfect lol
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

People are that stupid everywhere now. Idiocracy is becoming a documentary right before our eyes. It takes a dumbass country to end up with the Congress we have now. Only a ducking retard could think communist Bernie sanders is a good candidate for Prez, but he came dangerously close.

No shit, the average person thinks illegal aliens voting is okay.

Comment

How do you think Pelosi and Feinstein get in office?
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Yeah, if you are in your late 40's to about 60, you likely raised children that are this stupid and we have you to blame for it. The fear is the next generation is even worse. We are so fucked.

Comment

I always have to think they are catching people off guard who end up getting nervous because they are on TV. Surely most people can't be this ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  I always have to think they are catching people off guard who end up getting nervous because they are on TV. Surely most people can't be this ignorant.
                  It's a bit. I bet the dude was out for a significant period of time asking people and they put together the dumbest responses.

Comment

I knew the general vicinity, but definitely wouldn't have pointed out the exact location on the first try. Doesn't seem that abnormal to me, other than the few idiots who weren't even close.

I remember learning the continents at a very yong age, and then US geography soon after, and then more about South America in high school Spanish, but that was all they ever taught us in the good ol' Arlington ISD when I was there. And frankly, I wouldn't have retained much of it, as it just doesn't interest me a whole lot.

Comment

Same here. I could find the vicinity ,and i know NK borders with china. Ive never been great at geography. I know what continents are what, and if you named a place i could tell you which continent its on, but the exact place on the given continent is where i forget stuff.
                      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        Yeah, if you are in your late 40's to about 60, you likely raised children that are this stupid and we have you to blame for it. The fear is the next generation is even worse. We are so fucked.
                        Is there any generation in recent history that hasn't looked down their nose at the one following them?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Is there any generation in recent history that hasn't looked down their nose at the one following them?
                          Maybe my family is different, but that's not how we have been raised. My dad was the oldest of 9 kids, and he spent most of his childhood in West Virginia. As a boy just old enough to use a rifle, he had to often spend nights helping his dad (my grandfather) guard his family coal hauling business as union people would try to sabotage it. I couldn't imagine being in that predicament, having to possibly shoot someone at 12 years old or even younger, and I don't mean because they have broken into your house and are coming after you. This was literally staying up at night hidden just in case someone came to sabotage a truck. They moved to North Carolina when he was a senior in high school, and he got awarded a basketball scholarship to go to college. He had to drop out after a few years to go work and help feed the rest of the family. Incidentally, yesterday marked one year since he passed.

My mother came from a modest family who did things the old fashioned way. She was the oldest of two kids, and my grandfather served in II. Afterwards, they ran a family owned cafe and catering business. My mother completed 2 years of college and worked her tail off, just like my dad, until they retired. They didn't look down their nose at me or anyone in my age/group/whatever you want to call it. Instead, they busted their ass to make sure I understood everything I had, all the opportunities I was given, and how much sacrifice everyone before me had made to get me here. They wanted me to be better than them as my dad once put it. My wife and I are trying to do the same with our boys. They are going to be better than us!

I'm sick and tired of the blame game that our society has become. It's so stupid. It's beyond time that people realize what's wrong and begin to fix it, starting with the person who stares back at you when you look in the mirror.

Comment

I still miss those every other week or so phone conversations I had with my Dad after I moved to Texas, and I'm glad and was very fortunate to have been able to spend time too with my grandparents when I was younger. Those experiences remain priceless

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              I still miss those every other week or so phone conversations I had with my Dad after I moved to Texas, and I'm glad and was very fortunate to have been able to spend time too with my grandparents when I was younger. Those experiences remain priceless
                              No doubt. I was old enough to know all 4 of my grandparents and make trips with them on my mom's side. During my 4 years of college, I was a 15-20 minute drive from my grandfather and went to see him often. My mom and dad moved to Texas in the summer of 2015, so we got to have him here for a full year before he passed. My kids only got to see him 2 or 3 times a year prior to that, so I'm grateful that they got that time with him. They see my mom all the time which is awesome.

It stinks not being able to pick up the phone or drive up and see my dad, but I know he's better off. His health was really failing him quickly the last few months. Now, he gets to look down and smile watching us all and laugh when we screw up and smile proudly when we get it right. I have been very lucky thus far in my life with my family.

Comment

Working...
                              X