No announcement yet.

BF3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started the campaign today. it's pretty freakin cool.
    2012 GT500

Comment

• Played for a while earlier and wasn't pathetic for once. Even got an MVP. They either sucked really badly, or I'm getting used to the Xbox controller.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
        Im finally getting into this game but fuck its buggy!! I gave up on eyefinity and turned off the side monitors. I tried playing in windowed mode again and Roliath is right, crossfire wouldnt work and I was getting like 20-25fps so reinstalled radeon pro which forced crossfire and back up to 80-100+ fps but one match I could see names and the next I couldnt and teamkilled. I said fuck it, turned off eyefinity and played on one monitor at 1920x1080.

Then I would play or two matches and game would freeze up. Had to do hard restart, log back in play another couple matches then it would bugg out again. I was checking my temps the whole time and my system was running cool so I doubt very much it was hardware.

The bugs in this game makes baby jesus cry, seriously!

Latest drivers and everything? I was playing last night and had no bugs in eyefinity except sometimes I launch MP and it launches the campaign. Stock clocks?
        Last edited by roliath; 11-19-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Im finally getting into this game but fuck its buggy!! I gave up on eyefinity and turned off the side monitors. I tried playing in windowed mode again and Roliath is right, crossfire wouldnt work and I was getting like 20-25fps so reinstalled radeon pro which forced crossfire and back up to 80-100+ fps but one match I could see names and the next I couldnt and teamkilled. I said fuck it, turned off eyefinity and played on one monitor at 1920x1080.

Then I would play or two matches and game would freeze up. Had to do hard restart, log back in play another couple matches then it would bugg out again. I was checking my temps the whole time and my system was running cool so I doubt very much it was hardware.

The bugs in this game makes baby jesus cry, seriously!
          Be sure your RAM doesn't require a certain amount of power that it needs to be ran at to be stable. When I build me my gaming rig about a year ago, I didn't pay attention to the RAMs specific voltage I had to set to for it to be stable. It would randomly crash no matter what I was doing. Sometimes it wouldn't crash for 3+ hours and sometimes it would crash within 10min. Once I set the voltage correctly in the BIOS my gaming rig became stable.

The reason why sometimes you can see name tags and sometimes you can't is because of that specific server game options set by the GM. Hope that points to the right direction.

Comment

• Good times last night. Should have stayed on longer, to keep racking up the top squad ribbons. Starting to get the hang of the controller as well. And it's MUCH better now that I have a headset.

I feel bad for the team we were playing against. I believe we were outranked, but they kept getting their asses kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Good times last night. Should have stayed on longer, to keep racking up the top squad ribbons. Starting to get the hang of the controller as well. And it's MUCH better now that I have a headset.

I feel bad for the team we were playing against. I believe we were outranked, but they kept getting their asses kicked.
              I enjoed the hell out of it, beefstick. You're definitely playing better than I expected for someone that's not used to the controller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I enjoed the hell out of it, beefstick. You're definitely playing better than I expected for someone that's not used to the controller.
                The bumpers have been my biggest obstacle. Due to finger placement, I'd go to zoom in on someone, and end up throwing a grenade. Usually up against whatever it is I'm crouching behind. lol Or try to shoot, and stab at air instead.

I completely sucked the first 10 games or so. 0-9, 1-12, etc. I still suck, but I'm having more fun now. I've always paid more attention to objectives than kd ratio though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viper View Post
                  Be sure your RAM doesn't require a certain amount of power that it needs to be ran at to be stable. When I build me my gaming rig about a year ago, I didn't pay attention to the RAMs specific voltage I had to set to for it to be stable. It would randomly crash no matter what I was doing. Sometimes it wouldn't crash for 3+ hours and sometimes it would crash within 10min. Once I set the voltage correctly in the BIOS my gaming rig became stable.

The reason why sometimes you can see name tags and sometimes you can't is because of that specific server game options set by the GM. Hope that points to the right direction.
                  Its not my ram, I set my video cards back to stock clocks and it works fine now. Played all last night and a bit this morning with no freezing.

The names is an eyefinity issue. If i slighty turn i can see the names in my side monitors just not the main one. I turned eyefinity off and it works fine, just on a single screen obviously.

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk

Comment

Its not my ram, I set my video cards back to stock clocks and it works fine now. Played all last night and a bit this morning with no freezing.

The names is an eyefinity issue. If i slighty turn i can see the names in my side monitors just not the main one. I turned eyefinity off and it works fine, just on a single screen obviously.

weird, because the nametags show up for me in eyefinity.
                    maybe landscape is broken now? I'll ask my buddies.

Comment

• I'll be on later tonight. Around 8 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I'll be on later tonight. Around 8 or so.
                        Same. Maybe later, fixing to head to the in-laws house...

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          weird, because the nametags show up for me in eyefinity.
                          maybe landscape is broken now? I'll ask my buddies.
                          Dunno, I took a quick fraps vid and am uploading it now. player icons of course wouldnt even work on the side monitors but it does show other icons disappear as soon as they hit the center monitor.

I ordered 3 monitor stands from monoprice yesterday so soon Ill be able to set mine up in portrait. I think Ill like portrait eyefinity better than this.

Comment

Dunno, I took a quick fraps vid and am uploading it now. player icons of course wouldnt even work on the side monitors but it does show other icons disappear as soon as they hit the center monitor.

I ordered 3 monitor stands from monoprice yesterday so soon Ill be able to set mine up in portrait. I think Ill like portrait eyefinity better than this.
                            i love portrait, and wouldn't run it any other way. less fisheye than landscape imo.

Comment

• Yeah my neck will appreciate the narrower setup I think.

Comment

Yeah my neck will appreciate the narrower setup I think.
                                Yeah that's why I went with 4:3 monitors, a bit wider in portrait than widescreen monitors. The downside is these monitors don't look the greatest in Landscape. But its the cheapest IPS portrait setup you can get I last I priced. Each one has been color calibrated as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X