N Koerea claims has "mobile weapons" that can strike US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Koerea claims has "mobile weapons" that can strike US

North Korea is armed with "powerful modern weapons" capable of defeating the United States, a top military chief in Pyongyang said Wednesday amid increased speculation abroad about the nation's missile arsenal and nuclear ambitions.

Vice Marshal Ri Yong Ho emphasized the importance of strengthening the military to defend North Korea against threats it sees from the United States and South Korea. He called his nation a nuclear and military power and praised new leader Kim Jong Un, believed to be in his late 20s, as a "military strategist" who has been giving the army guidance for years.

"The Korean People's Army is armed with powerful modern weapons ... that can defeat the (U.S.) imperialists at a single blow," he told party and military officials, using familiar descriptions of the country's rivals.

The meeting, attended by Kim Jong Un, was held to mark the 80th anniversary of the army's founding. The Associated Press was among foreign news agencies based in Pyongyang allowed to observe the closed meeting at the April 25 House of Culture.

Ri, who is chief of the army's General Staff, did not provide further details about North Korea's weapons, but his call to arms comes as the United States, Britain and others warn the nation against a provocation that would further heighten tensions. The Korean peninsula officially remains at war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, not a peace treaty.

North Korea is believed to have some nuclear weapons but not the technology to put them on long-range missiles.

Earlier this month, North Korea launched a long-range rocket in what its officials called a failed attempt to put a satellite into space. The launch was decried internationally as a banned test of missile technology that also could be used to send an intercontinental ballistic missile topped with a nuclear warhead.

The rocket broke into pieces shortly after liftoff. But the U.N. Security Council later condemned the launch as a violation of resolutions prohibiting North Korea from engaging in nuclear and missile activity, and Washington halted a plan to provide Pyongyang with much-needed food aid in exchange for a moratorium on nuclear and missile tests.

On Monday, North Korea responded to U.S. and South Korean criticism with threats to reduce South Korean targets "to ashes" within minutes in a particularly sharp warning that followed days of protest rallies held nationwide.

There also are worries that North Korea may conduct a nuclear test, as it did after rocket launches in 2006 and 2009. South Korean intelligence officials say recent satellite images show the North has been digging a new tunnel in what could be preparation for a third atomic test.

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta warned North Korea not to engage in any further provocation.

He told reporters in Brazil that he had no knowledge of any specific actions being planned by North Korea but said he would "strongly urge" the North to avoid any destabilizing acts.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04...#ixzz1t340jC3S

I say we need to take him out soon. But, then again I don't think he has the balls to attack S Korea.

He just wants to try to see what we would do. Because we all know they don't have a missle that can reach us any time soon.

Comment

They're blowing smoke up our ass.

Comment

I hate the idea of loss of life, but I am ready for this shit to start and be done with.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Threaten US
          Receive gifts

Fuck yea!

Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
            Threaten US
            Receive gifts

Fuck yea!

Repeat
            But they didn't receive the gifts.

Comment

Yawn
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                But they didn't receive the gifts.
                I think I skipped over the word halted. Well, good for us then!

Comment

Signs of the End being near....
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I'd feel scared if our country was located at the bottom of the ocean. That seems to be the only place their rockets seem to be able to reach with any reliability.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

North Korea wll eventually either implode in on itself or do something so stupid that even China will turn their back on them.

China likes N Korea due to their "useful idiot" designation, but as soon as they become a liability the love affair will be off...

China seems to care 2 shits less about the Korean peninsula but they have a hard on for Taiwan.... (For obvious reasons)

Comment

fuck em all and let god sort them out

Comment

Fuck them. I'd say bomb them back to the stone age but they're there already.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I've been hearing reports that NK is working with Venezuela about mobile locations there for missile launching. It's pretty much the Cuban missile crisis again
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I just watched an hour long documentary of North Korea. Some guy went over (forgot his name) from Nepal and was helping blind people. He literally restored vision of just over 1,000 people. What was the first thing out of every one of their mouths? Thank my great leader Kim!

Seriously effin brain washed those people....
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X