I haz internet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haz internet.

And holy heck it eats lightning and craps thunder..

Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM.

I b jelly

Comment

I'm jealous too! Who's the provider?

Comment

fuck the internet! how's the Colorado weed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          I'm jealous too! Who's the provider?
          CenturyLink...

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            CenturyLink...
            I figured that out now. I thought it was the server he was going through as he was showing to still be living in Denton but forgot the other thread where he moved. Must be nice to have that fast of an internet connection

Comment

I figured that out now. I thought it was the server he was going through as he was showing to still be living in Denton but forgot the other thread where he moved.
              FWIW, it looks like the speedtest server he chose is also hosted by CenturyLink lol.

Must be nice to have that fast of an internet connection
              Yeah no kidding. Mine is 75/75, but it's been going through a lot of outage issues recently.

Comment

Speed is good, but ping is too slow. Anything greater than 3.75 MS is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  FWIW, it looks like the speedtest server he chose is also hosted by CenturyLink lol.
                  True, but it has been consistent on other speed test servers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    True, but it has been consistent on other speed test servers as well.
                    I was just letting him know that's why it might have been easy for him to confuse what the ISP was, because it was listed on that screenshot twice.

Comment

I took the Centurylink Router out of the picture after getting a new ASUS RT-AC3100. I figure this would be a good time to do a new speed test. Downloading is much improved.

Comment

I hate you a lil more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          I took the Centurylink Router out of the picture after getting a new ASUS RT-AC3100. I figure this would be a good time to do a new speed test. Downloading is much improved.

Let me know whacha think of that router.
                          I have a ASUS RT-ac66u and it's been acting funky last couple months. WIFI will just drop for no reason. Been thinking of moving it to the LR and putting in one of the shelves in entertainment center. I have in closet top shelf hanging from wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                            Let me know whacha think of that router.
                            I have a ASUS RT-ac66u and it's been acting funky last couple months. WIFI will just drop for no reason. Been thinking of moving it to the LR and putting in one of the shelves in entertainment center. I have in closet top shelf hanging from wall.
                            Just picked up one of these and I'm still going through all of settings but It's a great router.

QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

So far, I'm liking it. I just got VPN running a few days ago. OpenVPN is pretty simple. The range within the house has been excellent but not so much outside the house. However this is because the router is in my basement. I've got a couple of range extenders I haven't setup yet. I'm hoping to get internet working for most of my neighborhood.

The GUI is very straightforward but also very capable. There is SSH access if you require it. There is even integration with Alexa if you need it. I haven't tried it yet but it appears to be very capable: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1033393

It's just very highly capable. It even does LACP Link Aggregation and VLANs on the LAN or WAN (WAN is important for my centurylink connection).

All in all, I'm impressed. I really liked my Netgear Nighthawk but this is superior.

Comment

Working...
                              X