Dem Rep. Jackson Lee Takes a Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dem Rep. Jackson Lee Takes a Knee

Wonder if she'd like to protest Trump and the federal money being sent to Houston? She's welcome to send it back if she disagrees with Trump and the government.

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas) took a knee on the House floor Monday evening in solidarity with NFL players who do the same during the national anthem.

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas) took a knee on the House floor Monday evening in solidarity with NFL players who do the same during the national anthem.

President Donald Trump touched off a firestorm in the NFL when he said Friday that owners should fire players who refuse to stand for the national anthem, remarking "get that son of a bitch off the field."

Jackson Lee slammed Trump's invective against the players during her House floor speech.

"That is racism. You cannot deny it, you cannot run for it, and I kneel in honor of them," she said, dropping to her knees. "I kneel in honor of the First Amendment. I kneel because the flag is a symbol for freedom. I kneel because I'm going to stand against racism."

"I kneel because I will stand with those young men, and I'll stand with our soldiers, and I'll stand with America, because I kneel," she concluded.

Another bandwagonner, lol

Comment

That woman can hardly speak in complete sentences. I am surprised that she can even feed herself without choking to death on her food and I doubt she could find TX on a map much less find Houston on one.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        That woman can hardly speak in complete sentences. I am surprised that she can even feed herself without choking to death on her food and I doubt she could find TX on a map much less find Houston on one.
        I guarantee you she knows her district down to street corners. Believe it or not she has a doctorate and has passed a bar exam. She might be hitting the bottle pretty hard these days but she's not stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I guarantee you she knows her district down to street corners. Believe it or not she has a doctorate and has passed a bar exam. She might be hitting the bottle pretty hard these days but she's not stupid.
          She's a politician. They're all intelligent as they get others to do any work while they cash in on the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I do not doubt that she knows her district. What I doubt is that she could find it on a globe or a world map.

Having an affirmative action pedigree/degree doesn't make someone intelligent. If she does have any smarts she sure does a good job hiding it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

probably took her 15 minutes to get back up
              satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

I laugh when sorry ass pieces of shit like this claim to be patriotic.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                X