Who plays golf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe I should come down for this... I need an excuse to use my new irons.
    Word.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Word.
      I'm sure some stupid shit will keep me from making it. Seems to have become the norm these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        The DFWstangs golf GTG for this spring is already in the works!
        Did you already make a poll for location/date options this year ?
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Bear Creek has a lot of good specials going on during the week. I play there all the time since I work at the airport anyways. I go about 2:40 and can get all 18 in before dark with no problem usually and it only cost about $25 bucks.
          03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
          "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

One of the most common mistakes made by most beginners is to try to lift the ball from the ground. Think and swing just the opposite. Try to drive the ball into the ground. The club will do the rest.

After that, its all about grip and form.
            Photobucket

Comment

101 @ Meadowbrook today. Soooo close.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                You'll break a 100. It's amazing when you don't lose balls or hit them out bounds what effect it does on your score.
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Keep at it, there is no substitute for a good lesson, you don't need weekly lessons forever, but mixing in an occasional one can help correct bad habits and get you back on the right track.

You will break 100 before you know it...then on to 90!

Comment

Not bad at all for that course.
                    Photobucket

Comment

I play and have played for about 20 years. The first 10-20 strokes are the easiest to shave off your game (getting from the 110's to the 90's), but after that it becomes more challenging and more of a grind. I typically shoot low 90's now, but when I played 3 days a week, I was in the 70's/low 80's with a best round of a 76 at Great Southwest GC. It all comes down to muscle memory, touch and feel. As the guys said, keep at it, we all started at one point and have gone through the same challenges.

Comment

I'm definitely going to keep at it. Yesterday was the best round I've ever had. I only needed to eliminate a couple of miss hits or 3 putts and I'm under 100. My short game made 90% of the difference. I used a very basic putter that's probably older than me instead of my Taylor-made spaceship looking putter and had much better results. I'll be getting rid of the Taylor Made putter.

The best part about yesterday is I beat my friend by over 15 strokes. He's been playing off and on for 15 years and has been taking weekly lessons for the last several months. I took my first golf swing about 2 years ago. He has shot in the 90's plenty of times, and in the 80's once though, so he just had a terrible round yesterday.

Comment

Golf....always keeps you coming back....no matter how good or bad you are....that one shot you made....or the I can beat that last round attitude....kind of line racing, you always want to go back and see if you can go faster/do better...keep it up!

Comment

I would like to throw "twin lakes" in Canton out there. That place looks like Augusta right now with everything in full bloom. Guarantee you guys will all love it
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I've talked to Carrie out there and she says she'll drop it from $65 to $50, give us free range balls, throw in a free round of golf for a competition, and make sure we're all happy.

It's a good drive for most of us but this place has no rival when it comes to a place of this caliber and room on the course.

She's even given us march 31st if we want it. That will enable those of you who are married/in a relationship to bring your wives/ girlfriends and drop em off at 1st Monday for a day of shopping.

Let me know
                              No longer in the parts industry !!

Comment

Since I am driving from Houston anyway, I will throw in a vote for Twin Lakes as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X