X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Things I HATE About Our 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

that 2020 Jeep Gladiator looks less appealing to me

Comment

IT’S A JEEP THING. And honestly, for as undeniably off-road capable as they are right off the lot, some trade-offs are expected and many can be overlooked with a shrug of the shoulders. But, where it all goes to shit is when they start getting $50k or more for these things. I DON’T UNDERSTAND.
      Last edited by jluv; 12-07-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I don't know what has happened lately in the windshield world but that is a complaint I have heard about a lot of new cars. Miatas, Muranos, Jeeps, Etc. Must be a new weight saving process they are using.

I have also learned the hard way on those damn keys.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

So, with the exception of the blowby, rocks in fender, and windshield, he's griping about what 90% of newer vehicles are doing or have on them?
          sigpic

Comment

Doesn't make it not valid. Just because they all do it doesn't mean you can't do it better.
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

My Expedition has the push to start button, but it will honk at you if you exit the vehicle with the fob while it’s running, and I believe it will shut down if you don’t get right back in (haven’t tested that part yet). Not giving some kind of warning is bush league.

Comment

just because it is a forty thousand dollar jeep does not change the fact that it is still a jeep.

it really is a jeep thing. they have never evolved to this refined automobile that people think they are now just because they have four doors.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                  Doesn't make it not valid. Just because they all do it doesn't mean you can't do it better.
                  Who said it wasn't valid?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    My Expedition has the push to start button, but it will honk at you if you exit the vehicle with the fob while it’s running, and I believe it will shut down if you don’t get right back in (haven’t tested that part yet). Not giving some kind of warning is bush league.
                    Our 2015 Expy never turned off when the key was out for a while (over 4 years and 90k miles).

The one thing that absolutely wore me out with those keys was that my wife would lose her key INSIDE the vehicle. We once went roughly 2 weeks searching for the key lost INSIDE the car. Luckily it had the key pad on the door (my most favorite feature) so we could punch the code to get in and then just start the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      Our 2015 Expy never turned off when the key was out for a while (over 4 years and 90k miles).

The one thing that absolutely wore me out with those keys was that my wife would lose her key INSIDE the vehicle. We once went roughly 2 weeks searching for the key lost INSIDE the car. Luckily it had the key pad on the door (my most favorite feature) so we could punch the code to get in and then just start the engine.
                      Mine is a 2015. Yours at least honks at you if you get out with the fob while it's running, right? Mine does.

Mine won't allow the driver door to be locked if the engine is off and the key fob is inside.

Also, on mine, if the keyfob is close to the vehicle, I can hit any button on the keypad and it unlocks. So if I walk up to it with the fob in my pocket, I just touch any button on the door and I can get in and start it. It would be a bad deal to have the keys lost inside. Who does that? LOL!

Mine is a Platinum, and I'm pretty sure most of these features can be turned on or off or edited in the settings. We just got it a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still figuring it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        Mine is a 2015. Yours at least honks at you if you get out with the fob while it's running, right? Mine does. Yes, it honks twice.

Mine won't allow the driver door to be locked if the engine is off and the key fob is inside. It will if you have the keypad on the door. Just press the last two numbers on the right at the same time.

Also, on mine, if the keyfob is close to the vehicle, I can hit any button on the keypad and it unlocks. So if I walk up to it with the fob in my pocket, I just touch any button on the door and I can get in and start it. It would be a bad deal to have the keys lost inside. Who does that? LOL! I thought about that and luckily so did Ford. If you lock the door with the keyfob inside, you cannot unlock the door by pressing one button on the door keypad. I tried many times. Regarding who, we have 5 kids. Frustrating shit like this happens on a regular basis.

Mine is a Platinum, and I'm pretty sure most of these features can be turned on or off or edited in the settings. We just got it a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still figuring it all out.
                        See red text.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          So, with the exception of the blowby, rocks in fender, and windshield, he's griping about what 90% of newer vehicles are doing or have on them?
                          and death wobble! which is a huge complaint. it's a jeep, dodge/ram, Chrysler thing? lol

Comment

Only 9 things? Jeeps are horrible. Had to drive my buddies home from New Braunfels one time and wanted to shoot myself. To think they charge $40k for those heaps.
                            14 Raptor
                            18 GT350

Comment

I have a 14 Rubicon. I like it for what it is, but damn sure wouldn't have paid the $50k it cost new. It's some call of duty edition. I've taken it on a 1200 Mile road trip and it wasn't bad at all. It's got 34" tires on stock wheels and it's really capable. Not well built as far as fitment and interior, but drive line is solid and it doesn't have any squeaks or rattles. Recently broke 100k miles, but it only gets driven 15k a year or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X