Poor cell coverage at new casa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor cell coverage at new casa

As the title says we can barely get a cell phone signal at the new house. Has anyone dealt with this? Do the boosters on amazon work well? Which brand? How’d you mount it, etc?

ATT and Verizon both offer WIFI calling. I am not sure with other carriers.

Just need to make sure your phone has that capability.

Check with your carrier for your phone.

As long as you have internet and WIFI router, with WIFI Calling activated from cell phone, your wifi will be the “cell tower”.

Comment

yeah those boosters work pretty good, i would stick to ones that run about $60, or u can call your phone company and tell them you want a small cell/repeater in your house and see if they give you one.

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I have At&t, fairly new iPhone, I don’t know what number. We haven’t started looking up internet providers yet since we’re still moving in. It’s out in the country so I’m hopeful we can get something decent.

Comment

Get a cell booster, do not get the bullshit thing ATT offers. My parents have it and it just boosts the signal using the WIFI, you have to register each phone number to use it, and it does not work with non ATT phones and if internet goes out so does cell service. I have a 3g cell booster, but for $400 or so you can get a better 4g one. Ours works good, but our house is kind of in a dead zone and the house also blocks the outside signal, so I am trying to boost and outside signal that is already weak. Ours turns 0 - 1 bars into 2 or 3 bars most days, but sometimes that is 2g. My aunt has one at their lake house and it works better since they are in less of a dead spot. I may need to go re aim mine one day as well. Think mine is a weboost but believe they were bought out.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I had Sprint for years and dropped them because this very issue developed. We had internet service at the time through Clear wireless and successfully used a booster for a while, but unfortunately they started using Sprint's cell towers and we were left in a Catch-22 situation.

Comment

We use wilson 4g booster in all our offices and trucks here in south Texas

Comment

My parents use AT&T MetroCell. It works fine while they're in the house.

But if they are on a cell call when they drive up to the house, MetroCell takes over the connection and it drops the call every time. It is really annoying that it's not more seamless.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Poor cell coverage at new casa

I wasn’t referring to microcell.

I was talking about using existing internet/wifi you have or will be getting and connecting to it using WIFI Calling from phone.

I did think about getting 4g booster since I have poor signal out here too. I have been using WIFI Calling since cell phones added that feature. It will not drop the call if you switch to WIFI or from WIFI.

Now if you continue to walk up and down driveway or something, too many switching back and forth will drop the call.

Comment

WIFI calling. As mentioned. AT&T.

Comment

I put one of these in my house and went from seeing 1-2 bars and not being able to dial out to having 4-5 bars in most of the house.

zBoost - TRIO SOHO Xtreme Cell Phone Signal Booster

It wasn't cheap, but worth not having the frustration of not being able to use my phone. Since I am oncall with my job, O couldn't really afford to be missing calls.

Comment

I've read a lot of good things about the boosters, with the caveat mentioned that you have to have 'some' service for it to work. In other words, as @line-em-up said, it will take 1-2 bars up, but if you have no bars, it won't do anything.

Wifi calling will depend on your internet, and if in the country that may be an issue too, and 4g may be your best bet. In that case WiFi calling would be redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          I put one of these in my house and went from seeing 1-2 bars and not being able to dial out to having 4-5 bars in most of the house.

zBoost - TRIO SOHO Xtreme Cell Phone Signal Booster

It wasn't cheap, but worth not having the frustration of not being able to use my phone. Since I am oncall with my job, O couldn't really afford to be missing calls.
                          This looks legit. How does it mount? Is that an external antenna?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I've read a lot of good things about the boosters, with the caveat mentioned that you have to have 'some' service for it to work. In other words, as @line-em-up said, it will take 1-2 bars up, but if you have no bars, it won't do anything.

Wifi calling will depend on your internet, and if in the country that may be an issue too, and 4g may be your best bet. In that case WiFi calling would be redundant.
                            That’s kinda what I figured. There’s sporadic signal inside and outside. I was hoping I could get one that didn’t need an exterior antenna mounted up high. But that’s probably wishful thinking seeing as how even outside the signal is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                              That’s kinda what I figured. There’s sporadic signal inside and outside. I was hoping I could get one that didn’t need an exterior antenna mounted up high. But that’s probably wishful thinking seeing as how even outside the signal is poor.
                              I don't think you need a huge exterior antenna, the ones I've seen can be pretty subtle. The reason I know about them is researching on doing a van conversion (to camper) and a lot of the 'van life' people who live in Sprinters and such full time use them. Obviously the mobile versions will vary a bit, but most I have seen speak highly of the weBoost stuff by Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X