Capital Grille - Plano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital Grille - Plano

Just something to have for search purposes.

Capital Grille in Plano opened up this week so we had to make it a point to go dine there Saturday. We love this place so it's badass to have one 10 minutes away now.

Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella with ripe tomatoes
    -Prosciutto was a little over done, but still good.

Clam Chowder
    -Spot on, good size portion, plenty of clams and potatoes
    Wedge Salad
    -Good, hard to screw that up

Filet Oscar (8oz)
    -Nailed the medium temp, slathered in crab with bernaise on the side. Extremely good.
    Dry Aged Steak Au Poivre with courvoisier cream sauce
    -Asked for a suggestion on something spicy, with some sort of peppercorn and was offered this. Nailed the medium rare temp. Rediculousy good and spicy steak with perfect sauce (I'm not a sauce person).

Cheesecake and fresh berries
    -Always the choice and probably one of the better I've had.

They've decided to put their wine list with their food menu so it's fucking huge. You've got on page of food and three of wine list, and it's about double the normal size menu.

Badass option for anyone up north that's not impressed with Bob's. It's on the NE corner of Legacy and the Tollway and will definitely hurt Bob's business.

How much are we talking about Mr. Baller?

Comment

I've actually never been, but heard it's phenomenal.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

The wife and I love the ones in dallas and the one in houston. Did not know a plano one opened

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I forgot to add we had lobster mac n cheese as a side that is always excellent.

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          How much are we talking about Mr. Baller?
          Food alone was around $150.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          I've actually never been, but heard it's phenomenal.
          It's a must for me since I've never been let down in any city.
          Last edited by AdamLX; 08-10-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
            I forgot to add we had lobster mac n cheese as a side that is always excellent.
            that's all i want to get.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
              Dry Aged Steak Au Poivre with courvoisier cream sauce
              -Asked for a suggestion on something spicy, with some sort of peppercorn and was offered this. Nailed the medium rare temp. Rediculousy good and spicy steak with perfect sauce (I'm not a sauce person).
              that's the first pan sauce i learned to make along side filet and now i do it evertime. it's fantastically delicious and easy/fun to make. cream+brandy+fire.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                that's all i want to get.
                Same here. That shit is awesome.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Their lobster mac n cheese is rediculous and was my favorite until I had it at Sante` at the Sonoma Mission Inn.

They change it up with Fontina Val D'Aosta cheese annnnnnd black truffles. It's a religious experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X