Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally going to get paid

Looks like the unions and the railroads have finally come to an agreement on a new contract. They've only been working on it for over 2 years.
    and by the time the ink drys it will only be good for about a year before they need to go back to negotiating a new contract. The only good thing from waiting so long is I'll get a nice fat back pay check with retro active raises. Not sure what the details are on the new contract yet, but they will be mailing it out any day for us to vote on it.

oh boy, here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      Looks like the unions and the railroads have finally come to an agreement on a new contract. They've only been working on it for over 2 years.
      and by the time the ink drys it will only be good for about a year before they need to go back to negotiating a new contract. The only good thing from waiting so long is I'll get a nice fat back pay check with retro active raises. Not sure what the details are on the new contract yet, but they will be mailing it out any day for us to vote on it.
      Which railroad are u with?
      Originally posted by The King
      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

And just think... you would have been paid a long time ago if it weren't for your union. Granted it would have been a lot less, but still.

Comment

Why?

Comment

IBshitgoesdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Why?
              Doesn't everyone get a fat check for back pay if they voluntarily go on strike?

Comment

Why?
                Because by law we are required to keep working under the last contract until the new contract is hashed out. So when the new contract is hashed out they go back to the date the previous one expired and back pay us.

If they didn't do it this way. The other option is striking at 0001 when the contract expires. Seems that both side would rather be civil about it even if it takes 2 years to work out the kinks.

Comment

Because by law we are required to keep working under the last contract until the new contract is hashed out. So when the new contract is hashed out they go back to the date the previous one expired and back pay us.

If they didn't do it this way. The other option is striking at 0001 when the contract expires. Seems that both side would rather be civil about it even if it takes 2 years to work out the kinks.
                  So are you saying you didn't get paid for 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    So are you saying you didn't get paid for 2 years?

No we got paid just at the previous contract rate that expried in 2009. This new contract will be from 2009 to 2012. So they will have to go back and back pay us our difference of pay from the old contract from 2009 to today.

Comment

I love unions. They are the best thing to happen to American industry ever.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

That's awesome! Wow! I care quite a bit!
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          I love unions. They are the best thing to happen to American industry ever.
                          i wish there was a union for us i.t. folk so I could sit on my ass, naked and high playing wow and still collect a fat ass paycheck.

Comment

No we got paid just at the previous contract rate that expried in 2009. This new contract will be from 2009 to 2012. So they will have to go back and back pay us our difference of pay from the old contract from 2009 to today.
                            How can they negotiate pay for work already done?

Comment

How can they negotiate pay for work already done?
                              Because we did the work in good faith knowing that any and all raises would be retroactive.

Comment

Working...
                              X