Lobster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobster

I hear you only have to boil lobster for 3 minutes? I want to try it but I don't want to try untill I know for sure how long to boil them without turning it into rubber. Do you need to gut it i fyou buy whole?

You put them in the pot live, you don't gut them. Cooking time depends on the size of the lobster. Make sure you don't try to cook too many at a time; how many you can boil at once depends on the size of your pot. Here are some guidelines for you.

Edit: If you are talking about already cooked lobster then I would steam it. I don't know for how long because I only cook live lobsters.
    Last edited by Trick Pony; 05-25-2011, 08:46 AM.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

3 minutes is more of a parboil.

This is usually done as the first step in cooking it, especially when it will be used in another dish. You bring your water to a boil, drop in the love lobster for a short time (3-8 minutes, weight dependant) then put it directly in ice water to stop the cooking... then you move on to the next step of the process in whatever your recipe calls for.

If you plan to boil and cook all the way through, the boil times range from 15-30 minutes depending on weight.

Comment

Thanks guys. I would like to make steak and lobster just like red lobster. Lemon butter and all that good stuff.

Comment

red lobster is complete shit

Comment

I like it just fine. But thanks for your constructive input.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
              I like it just fine. But thanks for your constructive input.
              try trulucks

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                try trulucks
                X1biiiilllion!

Comment

PS, I had this lobster egg benedict for breakfast this morning... it was awesome!
                  Last edited by UserX; 12-21-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Never heard of Trulucks guess there's a new spot to try out. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                      Never heard of Trulucks guess there's a new spot to try out. Thanks.
                      Dude, you'll love it. My favorite seafood spot ever. And do yourself a favor and order a dessert, my favorite is the chocolate cake, but they all will rock your socks.

You'll never want to eat at Red Lobster again.

Comment

Yes, go to Trulucks and you will be done with Red Lobster. Agree with UserX about the dessert - I have had them all. I am not a big fan of chocolate, but the chocolate cake there is the best I have ever had. It is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          Dude, you'll love it. My favorite seafood spot ever. And do yourself a favor and order a dessert, my favorite is the chocolate cake, but they all will rock your socks.

You'll never want to eat at Red Lobster again.
                          Red Lobster to me is rubbery and never good. I like joes crab shack better than red lobster. Trulucks is high as hell, so be warned

Comment

In fact I hate red lobster so much, I would rather eat long john silvers than red lobster

Comment

I go to Red Lobster just for the biscuits. The rest is just meh.

This thread makes me want to eat some seafood tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X