10:15p brisket smokin time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10:15p brisket smokin time!

I want to have dome brisket for this weekend so I just out on a 12 pounder should be ready somewhere around 3p tomorrow I'd say

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

And yes that is the absolute worst light in the world. It's too low, too bright and just all around sucks

Comment

You plan on baby sitting it all night or taking 2hr naps.

Comment

Probably naps. I'm "cheating" and using charcoal so it'll be a little easier to regulate ( at least it was for the chicken yesterday)

Comment

Charcoal and a couple pieces of wood I should say

Comment

Dont feel bad I do the same as I'm a rookie when it comes to smoking. I'll start my fire with charcoal and than add wood. As that burns off I'll throw another log on the fire. Between that and the time before the fire calls for more wood I will regulate the temp with a few pieces of charcoal here and there.

Comment

Up until yesterday I've only used wood but someone said I should try charcoal because of the easy of it. It worked great yesterday so hopefully it will tonight and tomorrow too.

Comment

Well so much for naps haha. I just woke up for the first time. The temp on the rack was about 150. I got it back going again with some more charcoal so we will see what happens

Comment

Firing mine up at 2:00 pm today. Will be ready around 2 tomorrow.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

i have the same patio set up and the light is to fukin low and to fukin bright, annoying as hell
                    first class white trash

Comment

I still need to get going on mine. I am going to pick up the brisket after work and probably fire it up before bed. It may be a long night.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        I still need to get going on mine. I am going to pick up the brisket after work and probably fire it up before bed. It may be a long night.
                        Pick that shit up earlier next time, and marinate! Mine have been marinating since Wednesday. I would have preferred to get them going by Tuesday, but this was a last minute deal.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I can get mine to run for right at 3 hours unattended if I load it up pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Pick that shit up earlier next time, and marinate! Mine have been marinating since Wednesday. I would have preferred to get them going by Tuesday, but this was a last minute deal.
                            It's been a busy week, and I haven't been able to get the brisket. I may just start it early in the morning, after letting it marinate for 8-10 hours. Shooting for a 5-7pm dinner though, so I dunno.

Comment

I'm just gonna go pick up a brisket when I get off work and drop it off at Brent's to smoke for me

Comment

Working...
                              X