No announcement yet.

Big Green Egg vs. Costco brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for saving moneys, go for the costso grill and spend the rest on some good beer. Take the time to build you a good table, it is much better the the stand with little shelves.

Comment

Yeah, I do wish Costco broke out the shipping price. Generally the show S&H costs or they say shipping included - you do not see "Free Shipping" too often.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Damn that things weighs 200lbs
        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
          Damn that things weighs 200lbs
          It's made out of an engineered ceramic. Of course it's heavy.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

For two people the egg works fine. If your like me and cook for 7 then bigger.

Gas vs charcoal.

Gas heat can be controlled with the turn of a knob.
            Coal just move the food over away from heat source.

Gas there is no ash to clean up.
            Coal there is.

Gas grill you light and ready to go.
            Coal a bit longer.

Taste? Hands down will always go to coal.

Get a chimney style coal starter. Soo easy to use and does away with lighter fluid to get coals going. Just stuff a couple sheets of newspaper in the bottom of it. Fill it with coal and light the paper and set In to grill while it heats up the coals. Come back in bout 5 to 10 minutes and dump into your grill.

There is a learning curve but not bad. The trade off in flavor is waaay worth the extra work. I'll never go gas.
            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I don't even use fluid anymore with my charcoal grill. I bought this...

Amazing deals on this Propane Torch W/ Push Button Igniter at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

1 minute and ready to roll.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

Amazing deals on this Propane Torch W/ Push Button Igniter at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Im gonna buy one of those and keep it my car, someone cuts me off or flips me off, Im starting their god damn car on fire...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

I do the same.

stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Just got back from Costco, guess what I bought!
                    Fucker is heavy, but I got it loaded onto the cart, and from Lyn's Transit into the Garage by myself.

Probably put it together tomorrow after work, buy a few accessories at Home Depot or True Value and fire it up this weekend!

Comment

Chicken wings and poppers are a good easy smoke, made some decent ones tonight.

Comment

So far I've cooked a pizza, burgers and corn on the cob, chicken sausage (for lunch this week at work!) and tonight I'm doing a whole chicken on a vertical stand. Herbs and lime stuffed inside. Getting that temp is still a battle, got it up to 650 once, right now trying for 375-400 for the chicken and can't get it right, hanging around 420 now, slowly coming down. Had it set right, then added the diffuser and it dropped low, so I mistakenly increased the airflow too much... Shoulda probably waited a while longer. Oh well, live and learn, only my 3rd try at a non gas grill.

Comment

BGE pros can probably tell better - but I'd think the key with those is be patient in make minor airflow adjustments. It may take a bit to see changes.

Comment

Yeah, I'm learning that, and getting it hotter is easier than cooling it down!

Comment

I usually start adjusting my vents when I'm with in 25 degrees of getting to my target temp. Once you cook enough on it you get a pretty good idea of what the vents should look like for the different temps.

Comment

Rob...

follow my buddy Jason's Egg Blog.

He does a lot of cooking on it. http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X