smoked a turkey breast today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked a turkey breast today

my first turkey anything to grill, turned out pretty good! Used cherry wood for the smoke. Cooked 3 hours & got to 162 internal temp. Wrapped in foil for 30 minutes and sliced off a chunk.

corn and cauliflower mashed potatoes rounded out dinner

Looks good. I've been smoking whole chickens every other weekend for the past couple of months. I used apple wood once, and it was awesome! I'm fixing to head to Kroger after the hockey game and get a brisket, and a couple of chickens to smoke tomorrow.

Comment

I was just telling Stacy that I want to smoke something this weekend. I'm even thinking about going out and buying a real smoker instead of my electric oven smoker
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Have you tried a beer can chicken yet? Those are good, and really moist. I have some apple wood chips, no chunks yet. I'll cook some chicken breasts with the apple wood chips, maybe Monday.

Cherry wood really turns the chicken/turkey dark when it absorbs the smoke. I thought I burnt the shit outa the chicken last week, but it was just the cherry smoke that darkened it so quickly.

Man, I love this grill!

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
          I was just telling Stacy that I want to smoke something this weekend. I'm even thinking about going out and buying a real smoker instead of my electric oven smoker
          Go to Costco and get the knock-off Green Egg! Best $570 I ever spent! I'm still learning how to really use this thing, and it's already made some awesome shit! The wood/coal grilled pizza is the shit! I'll never eat a regular pizza and enjoy it the way I used too, LOL. Using leftovers to make pizza is good too. Made a BBQ brisket pizza, chicken sausage pizza and beer can chicken BBQ pizza.

Comment

Is it ceramic insulated? I saw one t lowes that was shaped the same but didn't seem insulated at all

Comment

Chris, what happened to your offset smoker?
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                Is it ceramic insulated? I saw one t lowes that was shaped the same but didn't seem insulated at all
                It's all ceramic, fucker weighs 200 lbs!

Home Depot carries the same brand, Vision Grills, just a little more $ and a different model. They make this Pro B series I think it is called, for Costco. It really is just like the Big Green Egg, just cheaper. I've not found any bad reviews for this brand, so I went with it instead of the Egg. Both are awesome grill/smokers!

Made a mean fillet the other night, seared to medium rare perfection!

Vision Kamado Grills you’ll see that there’s a whole lot to love. The ingenious simplicity of the 3,000-year-old kamado-style approach is perfect for any meal. The modern touches that make grilling a little less complicated. The 3-in-1 flexibility that will have you going from smoking to baking to grilling.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Chris, what happened to your offset smoker?
                  Sold it in a garage sale for something like $150

Comment

Yeah, the chicken skin gets black as fuck real quick. I've done beer butt chicken one time, and i really can't tell the difference in how moist they are.

I just got back from the store with 2 checkens, a brisket, and a slab of baby backs. Tomorrow should be fun.

Comment

Shredded soem turkey up with 2 forks and made sammiches for lunch, it was pretty tasty! Mixed some BBQ sauce and Chalupa hot sauce, about 30% BBQ sauce, gave it a really good taste, and watered it down enough to pour over the sammich easily.

For dinner, grilled burgers with hickory wood and grilled corn on the cob. Another good day for eating!

Comment

Did you brine the turkey breast or anything before smoking it?
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I did not do much to it, just used a dry rub for poultry on it, threw it on the grill and let it sit. Still eating on the fucker, sometimes I hate cooking something this big with only 2 people. Lyn doesn't like leftovers, so I end up eating most of it. It was right around 4 lbs.

Guess what I'm having for lunch, again... LOL.

Comment

looks delicious.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                            X