No announcement yet.

Rick Perry Will not seek re-election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the Kinky Friedman asswipes that were all over this fucking site 8 years ago?
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I just hope we do not become a Democratic state. If that happens, we are screwed

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        Just think.... Dewhurst may try to run....

I disagree with Perry on a lot, but there isn't anyone better to replace him so far....
        That's my concern as well. I believe voters have a bad taste in their mouth from the Cruz runoff with Dewhurst. I would assume he would run and lose to Greg Abbott.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
          I just hope we do not become a Democratic state. If that happens, we are screwed
          Don't believe what you read, that won't be happening anytime soon, as much as the democrats want it.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            Where are all the Kinky Friedman asswipes that were all over this fucking site 8 years ago?
            I voted for Kinky. Problems, human?

Comment

Perry is a clown, but he has no problem putting forth the conservative point of view and then stand there taking the shots from the libs with his chin high and his chest out LIKE A TEXAN...sometimes while shooting a rifle on the TV!

What we need is another Ted Cruz....or Ron Paul. someone who is moderate enough to win some lib's hearts, but still bleeds Texas Blood and isn't a career politician. Sort of like Dubya when he ran for Gov....sort of.

biggest fear is some Democrat pulls the wool over the eyes of voters and gets in office like Obama....then the shit hits the fan from within. You can bet the democratic party is going to spend BILLIONS on trying to take the gov seat. Perry honestly should stick around for at least 4 more years while we see what happens in 2014 and then 2016.

Comment

We need a Libertarian. I like Cruz but he has been going a bit nutso on Facebook with religious remarks, and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

As for Perry, he has no political future the way he talks about God. Americans like their religion just slightly in sight, not thrown in their face with Bible verses from a politician. It makes people nervous unless they are 100% agreeing with him on it. He alienated himself during the last Presidential Election with that crap, and he was doing it again today with his little speech.

Comment

Yeah that's all fine and dandy guys but that isn't who you're going to get. As of right now it's Greg Abbott or Dewhurst.

Comment

adios mofo

Comment

I hope Medina runs again
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        I hope Medina runs again
                        Last time around, she wasn't even close to being ready. I was an early supporter of hers, but she was clearly shown to be lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          I'm a little uneasy about it. I'm happy with how things are/are going right now.
                          Those are my feelings in a nut-shell. You remember our conversations about Perry and the HPV vaccine? It really pissed me off at the time. My daughter fell right into the age group that was going to be mandated to get it. Cooler heads prevailed, and he was held in check. I'm still just fine with him in there. It's the "devil you know versus the devil you don't know."

Comment

Fuck it, I'll run.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Yeah that's all fine and dandy guys but that isn't who you're going to get. As of right now it's Greg Abbott or Dewhurst.
                              I'D take either over any Dem. I'm thinking a state income tax would be the first order of business for any Lib that got in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                                I'D take either over any Dem. I'm thinking a state income tax would be the first order of business for any Lib that got in.
                                Followed by an assassination.

Comment

Working...
                                X