Best way to cook a rack of lamb???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to cook a rack of lamb???

I have never cooked lamb in my life. Decided to buy a little rack at Costco, 8 ribs in a pack. What's a good way to cook these fuckers? I like the way Texas De Brazil cooks theirs, but no idea what they season them with.

I can do oven, or the grill/smoker, so post up your favorite ways to cook these little bastards!

Same way you cook a steak. Salt, pepper, high heat, short cook. Real short. Lamb is so different from beef, and I prefer the natural flavor to covering it up with a bunch of seasoning.

But that said, you can do lamb chop lollipops in just about any variety. Food Network has a really good Asian lamb chop lollipop recipe, but if I were you, I'd use half of the Chinese 5 spice the recipe calls for.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Just keep in mind - lamb is rich, and sweet, in comparison.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thanks Brent! I'll try them next weekend probably. Cooking some steaks tonight.

They are tiny, so it shouldn't take long to cook these little fuckers! May have to cook something else too, just so I don't feel like I wasted good lump coal!

Comment

lamb cooked and prepped like a steak works well.

i prefer lamb with a bit of garlic/rosemary/thyme. you can marinate for an hour beforehand with those ingredients + olive oil or just make an herb butter to slap on top of chops post cook.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

That's similar to how we did it at the race track (its a long story) wrapped in foil, then tossed on the grill. Turned out really good, for lamb.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Just in case the Illuminati is reading this, I am still willing to eat baby ribs.

Comment

Found a different recipe in the Costco cookbook I am trying.
                3 tblspns honey (I used blue agave, no honey in the house)
                3 tblspns soy sauce
                3 tblspns lemon juice
                2 tblspns minced garlic

Preheat oven to 475
                Sear lamb in a skillet on high heat
                coat with the mixture and put in a baking dish, fat side up, center of oven for 14 to 16 minutes.
                Transfer to a warm plate and let stand for 10 minutes

it's cooking now, I'll post results later.

Comment

Waiting to try one, but here is the after pic.

Searing in iron skillet:

Finished product. Turned out pretty decent, I'd give it a 7 outa 10. Maybe a tad undercooked at 15 minutes (for some peoples taste, but I liked it).

Last edited by yellowstang; 02-22-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X