Grilled my first Tri Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled my first Tri Tip

Bought some tri tip at Costco this weekend and fired up the Vision Kamado grill (BGE cousin). Got it to about 600, seared each side for 3 minutes, removed, loosely wrapped in foil and lowered the grill to 375 and cooked until done. Lyn likes medium well, I like medium rare, so I cooked it more for her liking this time. Got it to about 150 internal, and it turned out pretty damn good!

Much more tender than I expected. Used a bunch of hickory and some mesquite wood chunks for a good smoke with the lump coal. Probably try the other chunk of meat next weekend, and cook it to about 135/140 internal temp, see how red it is, LOL. I may make fajita's with the next one too, haven't decided.

This one I marinated with some sea salt, fresh ground green pepper corns, Costco organic salt free seasoning, and some worcestershire sauce for about 3 hours before cooking.

I had the Tri Tip at Table and Tavern in Irving a couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed. They did a great job of it. Growing up in Cali we used to always use it for Carne Asada.

Comment

no pics?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Elvis wants to see your tip.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          no pics?

god bless.
          After I finished eating the last of it, I thought I shoulda took some pics. The only ones I took I sent in a text message to a friend, and I delete texts like within a day

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Elvis wants to see your tip.
          He's tri'ing hard to see it

Comment

I did have a pic, lol. not sure how long it had been cooking, but close to finished here I think.

Comment

Working...
            X