This Fucker should be shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Fucker should be shot!

The Department of Justice announced today that the Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department and two Chinese nationals have been charged in connection with aiding the People’s Republic of China.
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Just give him a dose of Coronovirus. He probably helped build it.

Comment

This is more nuanced than simple spying. Back in the day you could not get a security clearance or work on sensitive technology unless you were a documented third generation American. We need to return to that standard and we need to start executing people we catch doing real spy work.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

How do these people come out of nowhere, waltz into a top tier university and make themselves at home , while most of us struggle with our daily 9-5 jobs, not making any headway to better our position in life?

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          How do these people come out of nowhere, waltz into a top tier university and make themselves at home , while most of us struggle with our daily 9-5 jobs, not making any headway to better our position in life?
          Apparently there's some really good bullshit artists out there. Sounds cliche but it's really an art, on par with being a good actor. Think about that guy that ripped off that company for 30 years because he told them he was "in the CIA". And they had to give him a paycheck and let him be gone for 3 months at a time because he didn't feel like working. He was out on a mission during that time, or some shit. He couldn't talk about it, it was classified.

Oh by the way he needs an up front parking spot, and he doesn't actually have to do any real work when he deigns to come in at all. But have the paycheck ready. That went on for decades. So yeah it's totally an art form and some people are masters of it. This probably really does explain a lot of the bullshit we see some people pulling off from time to time.
          WH

Comment

They are saying the US gave it to them---the infection. I remember reading that the virus was taken from the animal (bat or snake or whatever) and studied in Canada years ago. Then the Chinese got a hold of it and engineered it to that look-alike AIDS RNA structure/strand. Maybe this article is the cover story. Maybe its all bs. But it could explain the top security access issue. Who knows? Trade "war", and such. I wouldn't expect the US to be dirty like that, but deep state stuff has its mud.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              Simple. They have a goal, and then they do whatever it takes to achieve it. Most people aren't that driven.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Simple. They have a goal, and then they do whatever it takes to achieve it. Most people aren't that driven.
                That's pretty much it, and it goes for all professions. Some people are very driven and will sacrifice to get what they want, but the majority of the population can't be comfortable being uncomfortable, so they stick with what they know.

As for the "waltz into a top tier university" comment, some people are just better. Brian Greene (physicist) got his PhD in physics at Oxford when he was 24 and was a full tenured professor at 32. Some people are just better than you, us, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  That's pretty much it, and it goes for all professions. Some people are very driven and will sacrifice to get what they want, but the majority of the population can't be comfortable being uncomfortable, so they stick with what they know.

As for the "waltz into a top tier university" comment, some people are just better. Brian Greene (physicist) got his PhD in physics at Oxford when he was 24 and was a full tenured professor at 32. Some people are just better than you, us, whatever.
                  They probably also have a 160 IQ and come from a country that teaches their kids math in grade school.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                    They probably also have a 160 IQ and come from a country that teaches their kids math in grade school.
                    To be fair, that also sounds like an easy excuse to justify lack of drive / work ethic.
                    Who cares if someone had a 160 IQ and awesome math classes early... that doesn't mean other people cant achieve the same. Success, like economics, is not a zero sum game.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post

Plenty of smart people out there that never did anything with their lives, or self sabotage themselves because they show up to work 15 minutes late every goddamn day, then can't figure out why they get passed over for promotions.

Work ethic is the great equalizer.

You think everyone out there studying particle physics or astrobiology was just plain born naturally gifted? Of course not. They worked their fucking asses off to get there, and didn't let set backs or one C in grad school dissuade them from their goals. People give up too damn easy, or worse yet, never give themselves enough credit to even start trying.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Plenty of smart people out there that never did anything with their lives, or self sabotage themselves because they show up to work 15 minutes late every goddamn day, then can't figure out why they get passed over for promotions.

Work ethic is the great equalizer.

You think everyone out there studying particle physics or astrobiology was just plain born naturally gifted? Of course not. They worked their fucking asses off to get there, and didn't let set backs or one C in grad school dissuade them from their goals. People give up too damn easy, or worse yet, never give themselves enough credit to even start trying.
                        I’m of average intelligence and successful. I fought my way through college and didn’t give up. I am the boss where I work.

However, what I learned in college is how smart I wasn’t. When you sit next to someone who picks up math immediately and you have to study 5x as much to get a C you kind of learn your place in the world. American schools are way behind in math and science. That’s a fact. Math in particular is in my eyes a lot like throwing a football, running fast, and jumping high. Some people are born with it and only get better because they’re coached well and work hard.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X