Ford Bronco to debut on OJs birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    Yeah I have a buddy with a 2015 (I think) and that thing is unstoppable off road.

I don’t keep up with all the Jeep news, but last year they had a messy recall about bad frame welds on 2018/2019’s. Plus the death wobble that just comes with Jeeps.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1829551649/amp
    That death wobble is no joke. I've never owned a Jeep but a close friend has a highly modified Jeep and it's done the death wobble countless times. I've sucked some serious seat cushion up my ass when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
      That death wobble is no joke. I've never owned a Jeep but a close friend has a highly modified Jeep and it's done the death wobble countless times. I've sucked some serious seat cushion up my ass when it happens.
      Hah, yup. That is the recommended emergency procedure in that situation.

Comment

screw it, I just put in a reservation for a Badlands 2dr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          Nice! What's eta in them arriving?

Comment

Choooo chooo !!

Comment

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by black2002ls; 07-16-2020, 09:10 AM.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

ahahaha, it's a "Jeep thing"...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Hahaaah! Classic.

Comment

I can't find the gvwr anywhere on the bronco. I'm ordering one if it's over 6k.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      I can't find the gvwr anywhere on the bronco. I'm ordering one if it's over 6k.
                      I'm not sure what it is but given that it only has the 2.7 EB 6 it should be able to tow pretty well.

edit, just read that the 2-door has 3500lbs towing/1100 payload & the 4-door 3500lbs towing/1370 payload
                      Last edited by Rick Modena; 07-15-2020, 04:17 PM.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I'm not sure what it is but given that it only has the 2.7 EB 6 it should be able to tow pretty well.

edit, just read that the 2-door has 3500lbs towing/1100 payload & the 4-door 3500lbs towing/1370 payload
                        It's a tax thing. Had to exceed 6000#. The ranger is 7500. I can buy it as a company vehicle so long as gvwr exceeds 6k.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                          It's a tax thing. Had to exceed 6000#. The ranger is 7500. I can buy it as a company vehicle so long as gvwr exceeds 6k.
                          Yup, that tax rule is the single biggest reason luxury truck sales have taken off in the past few years.

If VMware ever lays me off, I’m going to start my own consultancy business just so I can write off my next truck.

Comment

I was just reading that the bumper tow rating for the Ranger is also 3,500lbs, so adding the optional tow package should get the Bronco closer or equal to the Ranger's 7,500lb tow rating.

Comment

Yup, that tax rule is the single biggest reason luxury truck sales have taken off in the past few years.

If VMware ever lays me off, I’m going to start my own consultancy business just so I can write off my next truck.
                              Definitely a nice perk.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                                No 5.0 coyote engine option? Bummer. Are the eco boost motors reliable and a good platform for upgrades? Been out of the Ford loop.
                                Yes, very much so. The Ecoboost has been out for nearly 15 years. The high output 3.5 eb (although not being offered in the Bronco right now) puts out significantly more hp and torque than the 5.0 offered in the F150s. It's faster, smoother, tows more, and gets better mileage. I think the only place it loses to the 5.0 is exhaust note. Granted, the top one offered for the Bronco is the 2.7, but I bet that will change, especially if Jeep goes through with the Hemi option they're talking about (which still gets bested by the 3.5 EB).

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                                310hp? Really?
                                Significantly better than it's competitors. 310/400 compared to Jeep's 285/260 and Toyota's 270/278. That's more than enough for off-roading. It's not a sports car.

Comment

Working...
                                X