As if my luck couldn't even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Defensive driving at all times for me, one can't rely on dumbfucks to.
    Truth. It’s getting worse the more people move to TX for jobs too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      fuck it I'm selling everything and switching to H1 Humvee's
      That's not nearly as cool.

Comment

I hope you mother fuckers are amused... this jack ass slams into the side of her crossing traffic. out of date license, expired insurance, and starts spouting off that it was her fault. He had a stop sign and she didn't. Cop let the guy go without running his info. I was stuck at work so I couldn't do a damn thing to make sure things got done. Cop ran his insurance an hour later and realized he was driving illegally. Told me he's going to mail him a summons for the charge of driving uninsured, and if he doesn't respond it will go to warrant. b]
        Sue. This happened to me and nothing ever came of it. No dL license, no insurance, no tags. I regret not filing a small claim now, but for my situation the driver also was here illegally. Never would have shown up anyway. They let him drive away. I don't see how that is even a choice for the cops. This happened in Rowlett.

Small claim is something like $100-$200 to file and up to around $20K last I checked. Cause a big pain in the ass for the asshole! He should have gotten a citation for running the stop, too. Is she hurt? Lawyer up. You get your suit-filing / lawyer money back when you win.

Comment

fuck it I'm selling everything and switching to H1 Humvee's
          I have an 00 Dodge 2500 V10 4x4. Has a ranch hand bumper, 5" lift, a trailer hitch on the back, and is already beat to fuck. When I go to dallas, I drive this big bastard. You hit me from any direction and you're gonna regret it.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Yall need to take defensive driving man. Thats a pattern
          Not necessarily, I've had a ton of near misses in traffic, wouldn't take much for me to have as many wrecks as him, none of which would be my fault.

Comment

• I'm not saying he's at fault for any of this. But it reminds me of a saying in cycling...theres a difference in being "right" and being "alive".

Parking on a street is already high risk, but parking directly behind a driveway amplifies that. Hes obviously not at fault but it's certainly something to avoid.

Flying through an intersection changing lanes even though the other person has a stop sign is not driving defensively. Again she wasn't at fault by any means...but that doesn't help out this case.

Nobody that gets in that many incidents in such a short time can call themselves a defensive driver lol.

The difference between a near miss and an accident very well can be based on your driving (and parking) style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I'm not saying he's at fault for any of this. But it reminds me of a saying in cycling...theres a difference in being "right" and being "alive".
              Parking on a street is already high risk, but parking directly behind a driveway amplifies that. Hes obviously not at fault but it's certainly something to avoid.
              I'm not going to fault you here for not knowing the back story here, my mustang lived in the driveway, it was on the street for 5 minutes while I pulled the Buick out of the garage. When I bring the Buick out I pull the mustang out back the buick out, then put the mustang in the garage until the Buick goes back int here. At that house there was literally no other option.

Flying through an intersection changing lanes even though the other person has a stop sign is not driving defensively. Again she wasn't at fault by any means...but that doesn't help out this case.
              My wife doesn't "fly through intersections" she's obnoxious about going the speed limit. She's convinced that any time she speeds she's going to get a ticket. And the only reason she changed lanes was to avoid the guy in the other car. Had there been a 3rd lane sh would have been fine, but she had no where to go. Driving defensively can only do so much when someone is dead set on taking possession of the piece of the planet you are occupying.

Nobody that gets in that many incidents in such a short time can call themselves a defensive driver lol.
              first wreck I was ever in 2008 I was a passenger pickup stopped at a stoplight when a Charter Cable truck rear ended us.
              Next accident was in 2009 when I was on The Lewisville Lake bridge when traffic stopped, and the guy rearended me going 70. I was far enough behind the car in front of me that I didn't hit them. The guy begind me said his foot missed the brake peddle and he was not slowing down when he hit me.
              next wreck was a few years ago when a lady sideswiped my ranger changing lanes in an intersection. she barely did any damage and the truck still has those scars today.
              next hit was the same ranger parked in front of my house, came home to find a note on it saying sorry I hit your car. It wasn't parked behind a driveway, he just veered out of his lane and tagged my car. I think he took the turn to fast or to wide. don't know wasn't there.
              The next one was totally my fault. I backed my 3/4 ton van into my wife's mustang. I nearly threw up I was so upset at myself. It's the only time I've ever done something like that. She had parked crooked in the driveway and I checked all my mirrors but my drivers side. just rolled back into the side of her car. Fuck it still upsets me!
              Next one was a hail storm that we got caught in. wasn't much damage and I payed out of pocket for a hail guy to take out the dents.
              literally a week later out of nowhere we got slammed by another hail storm at like 2am. there was nothing in the forecast so we didn't put in the garage that night.
              Next one was 2 years ago. we where pumping gas when a Hispanic gentleman with a truck that hadn't been licensed or insured since for several years decided to back out of his spot half way across the parking lot and put his bumper through our headlight. he then gunned it almost ran me over and forced his way through traffic running over a kids mazda3 to run a red light and get away.
              Shortly after that, I was sitting at a yield sign waiting for a motorcycle to pas by when a soccer mom plowed into the back of my mustang. That story is well documented here.
              Right after I got the car back from that wreck, a construction worker cut me off and gunned it from a side road. I was able to easily avoid him, but not one of the several large tools that came flying out of the back of his truck. A 6ft construction jack demolished my front bumper. I ended up having to chase him down twice before he gave up and gave me his info.
              then months later the white mustang got hit again, this time like I said before I had to move it to get the buick out. it was on the street for 5 minutes tops. the kid that hit it was going on about "why does this always happen to me" and seemed like he hits a lot of cars.
              then there's this one, wife driving in the left lane at the speed limit, guy takes off from the opposite side of the street, crosses two lanes of traffic, then the median, then swings wide past the left lane and hots her while she's laying on the horn, changing lanes and gunning it to get out of the way. (driving defensively).
              One of those was my fault outright, the others, man the only way I could think to avoid them is to just put the cars in storage...

The difference between a near miss and an accident very well can be based on your driving (and parking) style.
              And some times it's just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like the Chinese lady last year who was walking with her baby on a nature trail when an rc glider from a glider compatition 7 miles away lost signal and with the pilot on the ground and flew away. The plane went 7 miles on its own before diving so fast that it impaled her killing her and injuring her child. Sometimes bad things happen. Some people (me) get them a bit more than others.

Comment

• Sorry if I've upset you man, I'm definitely not at all saying you're at fault. But positively none of what you've said changes my mind on defensive driving being a useful course for yall.

Comment

Sorry if I've upset you man, I'm definitely not at all saying you're at fault. But positively none of what you've said changes my mind on defensive driving being a useful course for yall.
                  I' not so much upset as I am trying to figure out how someone would avoid the situations I have found myself in other than simply not having a car?

Comment

I' not so much upset as I am trying to figure out how someone would avoid the situations I have found myself in other than simply not having a car?
                    Don't put yourself in those situations. The guy backing into your car is a perfect example of that. I specifically don't park directly behind driveways because of this..and your rationale of "its only 5 minutes" indicates its a deliberate informed decision. 1 of those decisions in isolation doesn't seem like a bad idea, but when you develop a pattern of decision making like that you are going to end up with thousands of opportunities a year. The more chances you give yourself to have these incidents, the more occurrences you will see even though they are all low probability in isolation. Thats exactly how you create badluck.

In defensive driving youre taught to avoid those situations regardless of who is legally at fault. You're taught not to trust people to do the right thing and how to identify those situations. You're taugut to actively reduce the number of opportunities for things to go wrong instead of focusing on who is "at fault".

A few incidents in 5 years is high but something that could be completely someone else's fault...but 7 incidents in the same timeframe...thats a pattern.

Comment

• how does defensive driving help you avoid getting rear ended at stoplights and yield signs? you keep sighting my one parking situation, there was literally no where else to put the car on the street, it's one of the many reasons I moved.

Comment

how does defensive driving help you avoid getting rear ended at stoplights and yield signs? you keep sighting my one parking situation, there was literally no where else to put the car on the street, it's one of the many reasons I moved.
                        Like it said a few incidents are normal, 7 is a pattern. Im not saying its all or nothing, but I do believe defensive driving will help you. You're also leaving out the instances where yall knew there was a car in the intersection and had the opportunity to cut you off...and the response was the accelerator. We all know the "if I'm first to the intersection I have right of way" trick.

No point in arguing it as both our minds are made up and one of us has substantially lower collision rates.

Comment

No point in arguing it as both our minds are made up and one of us has substantially lower collision rates.
                          lol, asshole.

Comment

how does defensive driving help you avoid getting rear ended at stoplights and yield signs? you keep sighting my one parking situation, there was literally no where else to put the car on the street, it's one of the many reasons I moved.
                            As a motorcycle rider I learned early on to stay aware of what's behind at a stop light, and be ready to pull forward, as that kind of rear-ending can get deadly. Same with the yield situation, just because there is a sign and legal way that traffic is supposed to flow, that doesn't preclude you from being aware that someone could have disregard or not be paying attention. Streets are typically wide enough, and that type of situation slow enough that contact is 100% avoidable. That type of hyperawareness keeps riders alive.

You and your wife not driving defensively isn't a fault per se, but I do agree that all of these accidents were avoidable had you been paying attention. That's the difference with racking up a bunch of near misses, and having your insurance cancelled, or rates go way up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              As a motorcycle rider I learned early on to stay aware of what's behind at a stop light, and be ready to pull forward, as that kind of rear-ending can get deadly. Same with the yield situation, just because there is a sign and legal way that traffic is supposed to flow, that doesn't preclude you from being aware that someone could have disregard or not be paying attention. Streets are typically wide enough, and that type of situation slow enough that contact is 100% avoidable. That type of hyperawareness keeps riders alive.

You and your wife not driving defensively isn't a fault per se, but I do agree that all of these accidents were avoidable had you been paying attention. That's the difference with racking up a bunch of near misses, and having your insurance cancelled, or rates go way up.
                              The yield sign incident was either get rear ended or hit the motorcycle that I was yielding to. what would you have done? I do watch where I'm going, I used to ride as well, I never went down or got hit on my bike. I am the kind of driver that doesn't like people behind me at all. I change lanes when faster traffic is coming to let them by, and I don't trust anyone on the road. fact is sometimes there's no getting away from shit. Y'all think what you will but when a cars coming at you at 70 and you're stopped in the left lane of the highway there's just nothing to do but wait for the pain. It's a lot easier to get out of sticky situations on a bike than it is to in a car.

Comment

• I changed my driving habits and the main thing that helped me was not speeding. First of all I stopped getting pulled over and getting tickets, next thing is near misses because actually doing the speed limit helps you avoid near accidents and you become a better defensive driver.
                                Put down your fucking phone, don't be looking at your Nav or fiddling with your radio.
                                If you feel something could happen while parking, it probably will, go with your instinct and move somewhere else.
                                You're results may vary, but the entire time I had my '12 Kona blue 5.0, I didn't have any accidents and no speeding tickets (I got pulled over once for the fog lights being on and confused for high beams, no ticket).
                                8 years and 90k miles, not one thing happened to me in that car, I counted your things that have happened to you and your either an insurance catastrophe or your Linus from Peanuts and that bad luck dust cloud is your destiny...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X