No announcement yet.

2019 lawn thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone needs some MSMA for their yard, I’ll sell you a little bit so you don’t have to spends $150 on a jug that you’ll never finish. $10 for 6 ounces sound fair? That’s enough to make 4 gallons.. that should be enough to treat an average size yard for 2 years or so..
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I need to rework section of the back yard where they filled in a pool and bring up the area that has sunk. Also lay sod down. Fescue grass FLW.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        If anyone needs some MSMA for their yard, I’ll sell you a little bit so you don’t have to spends $150 on a jug that you’ll never finish. $10 for 6 ounces sound fair? That’s enough to make 4 gallons.. that should be enough to treat an average size yard for 2 years or so..
        I very well may take you up on that offer

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          I need to rework section of the back yard where they filled in a pool and bring up the area that has sunk. Also lay sod down. Fescue grass FLW.
          What part of town are u in? There’s a place called “golden tree maintenance” in Lewisville that sells dirt and it’s super clean and they dump it directly in your bed. It’s about $20 a yard iirc
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Do you bermuda guys drop your setting to the lowest in the spring and bag everything? I just did in myback yard and it took literally 5 full bags
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Best thing is a pre emergent but if you didn't do that the best thing for your lawn right now is a granular weed n feed. My wife used Scott's southern lawn weed n feed when she was doing lawns and would throw down some badass stuff called mologanite I think was what it was called. It's what a lot of the golf courses use and it takes half the water and your lawn gets a real nice dark green. But don't over do it or you will burn up your lawn. Once maybe twice a season is all you want to do it and don't do it right after weed and feeding give it about 2 weeks between the weed n feed and the mologanite.

Between the dang chickens, wild hogs, and dogs my backyard was so tore up I had to replace a spindle on my deck and when it came off it wallered out the holes on the mower deck so I had to weld and grind half the day away before I even got to mow. Last fall in one night I had 1100 pics of hogs from midnight to 2 am about 20ft from my back porch. It was so loud it woke us up hearing rooting and then the loud squeels they make is crazy as hell sounding like they were getting slaughtered out there. And a couple of them did with slugs from my 12 guage.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                Best thing is a pre emergent but if you didn't do that the best thing for your lawn right now is a granular weed n feed. My wife used Scott's southern lawn weed n feed when she was doing lawns and would throw down some badass stuff called mologanite I think was what it was called. It's what a lot of the golf courses use and it takes half the water and your lawn gets a real nice dark green. But don't over do it or you will burn up your lawn. Once maybe twice a season is all you want to do it and don't do it right after weed and feeding give it about 2 weeks between the weed n feed and the mologanite.

Between the dang chickens, wild hogs, and dogs my backyard was so tore up I had to replace a spindle on my deck and when it came off it wallered out the holes on the mower deck so I had to weld and grind half the day away before I even got to mow. Last fall in one night I had 1100 pics of hogs from midnight to 2 am about 20ft from my back porch. It was so loud it woke us up hearing rooting and then the loud squeels they make is crazy as hell sounding like they were getting slaughtered out there. And a couple of them did with slugs from my 12 guage.
                I use milorganite alongside my fertilizer.. it’s super low nitrogen and it won’t burn your yard.. last year it was out of stock everywhere and this year Home Depot raised the price to almost $15 which is bullshit.. it’s literally sewage sludge burn off from the Milwaukee sewage plant. Also a bag only treats 2500 sq feet so most people need 2 bags for their yards..
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

I use milorganite alongside my fertilizer.. it’s super low nitrogen and it won’t burn your yard.. last year it was out of stock everywhere and this year Home Depot raised the price to almost $15 which is bullshit.. it’s literally sewage sludge burn off from the Milwaukee sewage plant. Also a bag only treats 2500 sq feet so most people need 2 bags for their yards..
                  Damn! My wife would get the 50 pound bags for less than $10 a few years ago that's crazy!

Comment

Do you bermuda guys drop your setting to the lowest in the spring and bag everything? I just did in myback yard and it took literally 5 full bags
                    I just did that this very weekend. And fuck your 5 bags! Mine was 12 55gallon drum bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      I just did that this very weekend. And fuck your 5 bags! Mine was 12 55gallon drum bags.
                      Jeez!!!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

What part of town are u in? There’s a place called “golden tree maintenance” in Lewisville that sells dirt and it’s super clean and they dump it directly in your bed. It’s about $20 a yard iirc
                        635/35 area. I'll have to check into them or just hiring someone.

Comment

I normally bag the first mow... I didn't this year cause I was in a hurry.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            635/35 area. I'll have to check into them or just hiring someone.
                            I think I’ve seen a place on Denton drive that sells dirt too
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Can definitely tell who around here uses a pre-emergent. It is like %70 of the houses are chock full of weeds, some fricken knee high, until they mowed a couple days ago. I have a few here and there, but not a yard full!
                              Got some weed-N-feed to throw out next week, waiting for this weekends storms to pass and not wash it away. Course it will barely rain if I don't use it, lol...

Comment

I don't have any, one of the very few houses on my street with none, front or back.
                                Originally posted by stevo
                                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X