Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No mo fried food for us fatties this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mo fried food for us fatties this year!

The State Fair of Texas, which has been canceled only eight times during its 134 years, and even then primarily because of two world wars, will not take place during 2020, fair officials announced Tuesday.

The reason, of course, is a global pandemic that continues to spread like wildfire throughout the United States, with cases in Texas rising rather than falling.

“In the current climate of COVID-19, there is no feasible way for the Fair to put proper precautions in place while maintaining the Fair environment you know and love,” Gina Norris, board chair for the State Fair of Texas, said in a statement. “While we cannot predict what the COVID-19 pandemic will look like in September, the recent surge in positive cases is troubling for all of North Texas. The safest and most responsible decision we could make for all involved at this point in our 134-year history is to take a hiatus for the 2020 season.”

Texas has suffered more than 210,000 confirmed cases, and across the state, more than 2,700 people have died from COVID-19. In the U.S. as a whole, there have been more than 3 million confirmed cases and more than 133,000 deaths.

“I love the State Fair of Texas,” Mayor Eric Johnson said in a statement, “and I am saddened that I will not be able to take my family this year. But the State Fair made the safe and responsible decision. COVID-19′s spread is rampant in our community, and public health must come first. We all have to do what it takes to slow this virus so we can save lives and livelihoods and get back to doing what we enjoy.”

I haven't gone to the fair in probably over 10 years. For those who miss the greasy nasty fried food or you farm animal lovers..there's always KFC, Williams Chicken, Popeyes and the Dallas Zoo

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      I haven't gone to the fair in probably over 10 years. For those who miss the greasy nasty fried food or you farm animal lovers..there's always KFC, Williams Chicken, Popeyes and the Dallas Zoo
      Same here and it was very very brief. We showed up around dusk or so and a fight broke out. Someone pulled a gun and we got our white asses back in the truck and never went back. I do see sometimes on TV all the different things they have fried and always wanted to try them. Oh well probably for the best as I believe I have optical diabetes from just seeing all those sweets deep fried.

Comment

bro this shit broke my wife's heart. i do not know why she loves it so much, for we hardly eat or doing anything besides walk around. but, she loves the fuck out of the fair.

because of her and the kids, i do not mind it if we going during the day, during the week, and an off day with no school fair day.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
          bro this shit broke my wife's heart. i do not know why she loves it so much, for we hardly eat or doing anything besides walk around. but, she loves the fuck out of the fair.

because of her and the kids, i do not mind it if we going during the day, during the week, and an off day with no school fair day.
          My wife has gone every year since she can remember. She has started taking our kiddo every year too. I'm not a huge fan of the fair but this Bolshevik style dictating is a real issue.

Comment

I love goin for:
            1. the car shows
            2. the food
            3. the beer
            4. the real country music that used to be played

Comment

I would go on opening day because it was Mercury Cougar day. i would get free admission to anyone in the car, and could load the car up with food and drinks (beer). That's the only way i would go, otherwise it's too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                The Dallas Zoo however does not provide one the opportunity to see Elsie The Cow.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  The Dallas Zoo however does not provide one the opportunity to see Elsie The Cow.
                  There's YouTube

Comment

I really hate the fair, though it sucks for those who like it.

Comment

Place was crazy expensive, but bummed a Texas tradition has been halted this year for C19.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

O dang. Whatta tragedy..

Comment

X2 on the crazy expensive.

Its good to go about once every 10 years.
                          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            I really hate the fair, though it sucks for those who like it.
                            I can't stand the fair, it's too crowded, the food sucks, all new cars blow, and the midway doesn't take cash any more.

Now, if they cancel Oktoberfest, that one is going to sting.

Comment

Working...
                            X