GM is killing sedans as well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM is killing sedans as well...

It looks like Ford just made the right decision much earlier than GM.

-Impala
    -Cruze
    -CT6
    -Volt

And a few more misc vehicles

In addition to announcing what factories it will be closing, today GM announced that a whole bunch of its cars –even the big ones with big promotional pushes – are dead in the water. Included are many models the company claimed were ready to take on the best in the world, including the Cadillac CT6, the company’s…

That leaves Dodge in a good spot if you ask me! Some people don’t want Toyota, Honda, Kias, Volkswagens and those brands. But when they want or need a 4 door car......they went to the big 3. Well now if they want a 4 door...it is a Dodge (or Chrysler) now!

Comment

Really surprised they're killing the Volt. I don't know if it was any good, but seems like that's the direction future engineering is headed.

Comment

I guess they have too many JD Power awards...

Comment

And 14k jobs. Our taxes were spent well to pad the CEO's pay.

How many trillion are they behind on their pension?

Fuck GM.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            And 14k jobs. Our taxes were spent well to pad the CEO's pay.

How many trillion are they behind on their pension?

Fuck GM.
            I was glad to hear there are pretty heavy cuts at the executive level positions

Comment

I always laugh when the union man babies start their whining and making the company out to be the bad guy. Meanwhile they have members with 40 years of seniority who won't retire but will show up to the plant to go to sleep for their shift while getting paid $35 an hour. The union will defend these turds who sponge off the company until their bitter end, which for me, can't come soon enough.

Hopefully GM survives as a company but I know it won't. The man babies will blame the management for it too. Maybe they can get a jerb at Taco Bell once it is all over.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                Really surprised they're killing the Volt.
                Has really good reviews and it doesn't sell. millennials avoid it because it's an old American company, and the japanoophiles/europhiles think it's got poor quality.

They will spin the tech into the other models.

I hope GM fired all the management that has been doing the design decisions because it all bores me

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                  Really surprised they're killing the Volt. I don't know if it was any good, but seems like that's the direction future engineering is headed.
                  The Volt was a turd but the Bolt is actually a step in the right direction. I’m not surprised sedans are dying like the coupes did. People now want one vehicle that can do everything and a sedan doesn’t cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                    The Volt was a turd but the Bolt is actually a step in the right direction. I’m not surprised sedans are dying like the coupes did. People now want one vehicle that can do everything and a sedan doesn’t cut it.
                    yet the Asian car companies are slinging them left and right.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Trash cars
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        I guess they have too many JD Power awards...
                        They just got 2 more from your post!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          yet the Asian car companies are slinging them left and right.
                          Negative. Accord and Camry sales have been declining.

Comment

I've been going back and forth on getting rid of the Stang and looking into either a luxurious 4 door car, or an Explorer or GMC truck. I hate the F-150 shitty headlights, it is out as an option. Used too, not a new fricken 50+K truck/SUV

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              I've been going back and forth on getting rid of the Stang and looking into either a luxurious 4 door car, or an Explorer or GMC truck. I hate the F-150 shitty headlights, it is out as an option. Used too, not a new fricken 50+K truck/SUV
                              I've seen a few people cry about the f150 headlights now but dont have any issues with mine. Is this an intermittent issue or adjustment or something?

There are way more crappy things about that GMC truck than an f150 too. I came close but even at the Denali level it just doesnt beat the 150. And at 50K you're talking a well optioned vehicle or getting dominated by a sales guy. Most trucks have like 10-15K in rebates if not more.

Comment

Working...
                              X