Killed a 01 cobra..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    not neccesarily. I wouldnt doubt that this cobra ran into the same problem I did against mike. we just arent geared from the factory to do well from 40-50 rolls. sure we might drag his lights out from a twenty or dig, but mike knows how to drive his car and its geared to its utmost potiential for those kind of races. say all you want, but until you see him run, dont talk shit. because he will make a believer out of you pretty quick.
    You can't drive either. My stock 5.0 back in the day went 8.42@82 so his car is slow.
    2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
    2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
    2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 92Notch View Post
      You can't drive either. My stock 5.0 back in the day went 8.42@82 so his car is slow.
      .. and why do you assume im a bad driver? Im not saying his car is fast by whatever standard. Im saying that he probably did beat that cobra. you say with a "good driver" when a three year old can roll race. It takes no skill. mike never said anything about being able to drag the cobra at the track. he simply stated the outcome of his run in with it.
      Last edited by Cobraman; 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM. Reason: r
      2012 GT500

Comment

And how do you define stock? Slicks and 5K rpm launches?

I see "stock" Fox bodies run low 9s/high 8s at NSD. Seen "stock" aod's run 10.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          .. and why do you assume im a bad driver? Im not saying his car is fast by whatever standard. Im saying that he probably did beat that cobra. you say with a "good driver" when a three year old can roll race. It takes no skill.
          If you got beat by a stock pushrods junker motor then you can't drive.
          2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post

I see "stock" Fox bodies run low 9s/high 8s at NSD. Seen "stock" aod's run 10.00.
            1.86 60 ft not a very hard launch
            2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

If you got beat by a stock pushrods junker motor then you can't drive.
              go look at the 02 gt slaughter forum and read up my good sir. Then you can blame ford for spacing the gears so far apart. I would take him from a dig.
              Last edited by Cobraman; 12-07-2010, 10:13 PM.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post

+1 i dont believe an 8.42 at all.
                2012 GT500

Comment

1.86 60 ft not a very hard launch
                  lol....that's what i thought. that's not on stock tires.

Comment

8.42 stock?

And what else was left of the car?

A seat?

Sure, slicks and weight mods would put me in the mid 8s aswell.

You talk shit and be a dick until you realize that my 9.0 was on street tires 225/55/16 with a 2.0 60ft.

You do that with 2.73 as well?

Before you go calling people dumb You need to check the facts. I don't care what should happen, it's what happen.

Btw, cobraman. If traction wasnt an issue for me I'd eat you from a dig.

Less weight, same torque, more aggressive gearing.

1/8th mile I'd be way out, 1/4 mile youd start to pull.

3300lbs at 3.27 < 3000lbs at 3.73.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      .. and why do you assume im a bad driver? Im not saying his car is fast by whatever standard. Im saying that he probably did beat that cobra. you say with a "good driver" when a three year old can roll race. It takes no skill. mike never said anything about being able to drag the cobra at the track. he simply stated the outcome of his run in with it.
                      Allow me to interject here, I'm not going to call you all sorts of names and usual stupid internet banter stuff, but I strongly disagree about roll racing takes no skill. Perhaps at your horsepower level it doesn't require much skill, but at the levels of alot of guys these running anywhere from 600hp to 1000rw+, it takes a shitload of skill to keep a car straight and get it to hook from any roll speed. You just haven't experienced that level of horsepower quite yet.

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                      8.42 stock?

And what else was left of the car?

A seat?

Sure, slicks and weight mods would put me in the mid 8s aswell.

You talk shit and be a dick until you realize that my 9.0 was on street tires 225/55/16 with a 2.0 60ft.

You do that with 2.73 as well?

Before you go calling people dumb You need to check the facts. I don't care what should happen, it's what happen.

3300lbs at 3.27 < 3000lbs at 3.73.
                      I can't wait till this Thursday, I hope you show up because I need to see this car run for myself. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Allow me to interject here, I'm not going to call you all sorts of names and usual stupid internet banter stuff, but I strongly disagree about roll racing takes no skill. Perhaps at your horsepower level it doesn't require much skill, but at the levels of alot of guys these running anywhere from 600hp to 1000rw+, it takes a shitload of skill to keep a car straight and get it to hook from any roll speed. You just haven't experienced that level of horsepower quite yet.

point well taken. but in our cicurmstances it dpesnt take much.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

• [QUOTE=91CoupeMike

3300lbs at 3.27 < 3000lbs at 3.73.[/QUOTE]

ill believe it when i see it. my 60 extra horsepower would help. when are you getting traction stuff? ill have 4:30's by christmas.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

• LOL... battle of the snails!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                              +1 i dont believe an 8.42 at all.
                              Several board member were there to see it.
                              2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                LOL... battle of the snails!
                                That's what I'm saying. Who cares stock 5.0s are slow and so is any mod motor that gets beat by a stock 5.0 lol
                                2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Working...
                                X