Decent impact wrench for the money..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent impact wrench for the money..

I'd like to buy a decent (air) impact wrench but have no clue what to look for. My craftsman compressor came with one but the oil nut stripped years ago, and it doesn't have much torque. I'm looking for something better than harbor freight quality, or the like. but don't want to spend more than $200 or so (so save then snap-on suggestion ). I just want something reliable and reasonably stout, for those tougher bolts / nuts.

I'm just a hobbiest and would use it maybe 6 - 12 times a year.

Btw, I'm not above harbor freight, if some of you have had good experiences with their "higher end" air tools let me know which. I just only typically trust their stuff for light use, cheaper tools, especially power tools.

Thanks for any suggestions.

If it matters, this is the compressor I have:

Comment

what are you using it for? I am seriously looking to move away from air tools. I have the same compressor right now and the son of a bitch is just so damn loud. At work we use Milwaukee cordless impacts and they seem stronger than my craftsmen air impact.

Comment

Igersol or milwakee cordless impact.

Comment

Milwaukee cordless here and a ingersol rand pneumatic for the big stuff
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Composite IR
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

I just bought an IR cordless to do my girlfriends shocks and struts. I was impressed with its performance, plus there is no hose to trip on and no noisy air compressor

Comment

Shop pawn shops Craig.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Cordless are nice but I'm terrible at making sure things are charged and once the batteries are dead work stops. I use the compressor for other things as well, meaning I'll be keeping that anyhow.

Thanks for the info..

Comment

Not if you have two batteries, and just leave one on the charger. Once you go electric impact, you'll never go back.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Not if you have two batteries, and just leave one on the charger. Once you go electric impact, you'll never go back.
                      For little stuff...sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        This.

Got DeWalt 20v drivers, impacts & a recip saw. Makes short work of wrecking ward trips & the 3/8 impact is surprisingly stout. check on amazon, you can usually pick up a kit, (driver, impact, 2 batteries & charger) for just over 200 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          I have the same compressor right now and the son of a bitch is just so damn loud.
                          Yes it is! Works good but Ive gone to hand tools mid job before just to stop listening to it, stupid loud.
                          -Blaine

Comment

You can pick up the snap on mg725 reasonably priced in eBay. They retail for @ 450 new and can be had in the 200 and under range. Pretty light, tons of torque, and pretty quiet with the muffler (piece of course foam in the grip exhaust). Does most everything by I need, although Honda crank pulley bolts are about a t0-50.

Comment

I'd suggest a corded 1/2 impact and just keep a cordless around. The cordless is awesome for wood screws, lag bolts...etc...etc.

I have a decent DIY'er IR compressor, but when it comes to cutoff tools, impacts...etc, you end up taking a lot of breaks. The electric 1/2 impact is pretty damned powerful and works well.

It's something like this that I have...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW293-7-5-Amp-2-Inch-Impact/dp/B0009HGCRO/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1433774850&sr=8-14&keywords=dewalt+impact+wrench[/ame]
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X