New Edge Mustang (99-04) Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
    Can you cut the CAI and place the filter in the engine bay?
    I looked at it when I was taping the bumper and it didn't look like it. The piping between the MAF and filter bolts on flat to the MAF housing, and the portion that connects to the filter has a big bend. I mean, with some fabrication I probably could, but I was hoping someone might have a stock piece or old aftermarket one laying around, for cheap.

Here, his is like this:

I may be able to just cut off the end a couple inches after the MAF and put the filter on there with the boot, but I don't know if there will be enough room for the filter to fit like that, since the whole thing is a bit longer than the stock underhood stuff. I'll do some measuring tonight.

Comment

dude, you have duck tape. what more fabrication material do you need?

Comment

You could just cut the whole dang pipe and have the maf sensor 6 inches from the throttle body and then put the filter 6 inches from the maf.

Comment

Here, this kind of illustrates what I mean. If I cut the piping off before the 90* turn into the fender, there isn't much room to fit the filter.

Maybe though, Like I said, I will measure tonight and if so, will bust out the cutoff wheel!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            dude, you have duck tape. what more fabrication material do you need?
            I used the whole roll on that bumper! (fwiw, the rolls aren't that big)

You could just cut the whole dang pipe and have the maf sensor 6 inches from the throttle body and then put the filter 6 inches from the maf.

Haha.. If not for that pesky strut tower and the hood!

I've always hated this type of air intake. Unfortunately it was on teh car when we bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Someone needs gas pedal recalibration via geo metro punishment.
              can you come up with a schematic for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Interesting option! Would really rather move it to the engine bay, for ease in servicing filters (once the car is fixed) but that may be a good temp solution. Thanks!
                dont put that shit on there

Comment

2 cuts.

one 3 inches before the MAF. and take 3" out of the one behind the MAF.

Ruffdaddy can do the calculations to verify it would work, but the pipefitter in me says: DUH

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    2 cuts.

Ruffdaddy can do the calculations to verify it would work, but the pipefitter in me says: DUH
                    I was going to suggest this as well. Or if you don't want to cut behind the MAF, maybe buying a shorter air filter at Vatozone?

Comment

hell just cut it an inch before the maf and put the filter on.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

2 cuts.

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        I was going to suggest this as well. Or if you don't want to cut behind the MAF, maybe buying a shorter air filter at Vatozone?
                        Duh, hadn't thought about that! Guess I'll be doing some cutting tonight.

Comment

Then again....you are ruining a perfectly good CAI

Comment

meat hoarder

Comment

meat hoarder
                              black guy

Comment

Then again....you are ruining a perfectly good CAI
                                That wouldn't ruin it, it would just make it under-hood instead of fender well! Shouldn't even be able to tell it was done.

Comment

Working...
                                X