Anyone looking for a G8 GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking for a G8 GT?

My coworker is selling her husband's 2009 Pontiac G8 GT.. Clean, non smoker, bone stock except exhaust, 94k miles. Ask is $17,999 but negotiable. He works for GM at the Arlington plant.

Here is the CL link, feel free to contact them through the ad if interested..

I figured someone on here might be interested..

"CORVETTE ENGINE"
    i love reading that shit.

Ive always been curious about those cars though
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
      "CORVETTE ENGINE"
      i love reading that shit.
      Yeah, I chuckled at that too. They're not really 'car' people.

Comment

I cant STAND when people use ALL CAPS to designate influence.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

2009 for that much, they still go for that amount?

Plus, you'll need Nick to buff the front and rear, looks like someone tagged with with black spray paint.

kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post

Plus, you'll need Nick to buff the front and rear, looks like someone tagged with with black spray paint.

kidding!
            Yes, there isn't a whole lot of full size performance sedans being made (euro-luxo-trash excluded).

Any cheaper than 18K and you're looking at super high mileage, salvage titles, ragged out, or a combination of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              Yes, there isn't a whole lot of full size performance sedans being made (euro-luxo-trash excluded).

Any cheaper than 18K and you're looking at super high mileage, salvage titles, ragged out, or a combination of the three.
              You think?
              You can get a first gen CTS V for less than $18k that isnt a total pos.

although, there's one on there now thats $9k, and pretty hammered.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post

kidding!
                Haha!

I know nothing on the price of these. She did mention they looked up prices they could find locally and came up with the ask based on the average of those. But apparently there aren't a ton of these available.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  You think?
                  You can get a first gen CTS V for less than $18k that isnt a total pos.

although, there's one on there now thats $9k, and pretty hammered.
                  Yes sir I do. Check into prices of G8's. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 18K is where the quality falls off. I can't speak to 1st Gen V's, I haven't looked at those as much. But I would imagine 15K or so is the line between decent and ragged out. There was a lot more of CTS V's made than G8's, so the prices will reflect that.

Comment

It's priced a little high, but he will probably find a buyer that will get close to that number. There is some extra value there being the final production year for Pontiac. I wouldn't worry at all about the mileage. It has a lot more life left in it. That L76 is a pretty solid motor. It's a fun car to drive around town. Decent gas mileage.

Comment

Love those cars. They have held value very well but you can find examples with 50k miles for that price point. I was hoping this was going to be some fire sale when I opened the thread...

Comment

Love those cars!

Comment

Working...
                        X