Poor man's Mossberg Shockwave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor man's Mossberg Shockwave?

I am really thinking about doing this. Cheap Mossy 500 and a little $40 kit, $25 grip and hacksaw work.

The precision-machined Raptor Lug solves the problem of purchasing an expensive Mossberg 500 PGO 12-gauge firearm and then having to turn around and purchase a sometimes-even-more expensive 14″ front end kit—just to build a badass non-NFA firearm to protect you and yours.

The simplicity of building a non-NFA 14″ Mossberg 500 with the Raptor Lug is sheer genius:

Install the Raptor Grip M500 (sold separately)
    Chop your barrel and magazine tube (using a hacksaw is just fine—the Raptor Lug hides the cut end)
    Cut your magazine spring
    Drive the Raptor Lug M500 onto your barrel and magazine tube
    Drill a 1/8 hole and secure the lug in place with the included roll pin
    No special tools needed. An overall length of 26.5″ is maintained throughout the process.

NOTE: The Raptor Lug fits standard Mossberg 500 and Maverick 88 12-gauge barrels. It DOES NOT fit any heavy barrels or thick-walled barrels.
    Link to product: (endcap for magazine tube and barrel clamp)

Raptor grip:

Instructions:
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Do you have the 500 already?
    The Shockwave is ~$350, right? Once you buy a 500 and those other knick knacks aren't they about even?

Comment

At $350, I thought the Mossberg shockwave was the poor man's Mossberg shockwave.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        At $350, I thought the Mossberg shockwave was the poor man's Mossberg shockwave.
        Looks like it.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Do you have the 500 already?
        The Shockwave is ~$350, right? Once you buy a 500 and those other knick knacks aren't they about even?
        I have been seeing the Shockwave for 350-399 but can't find anywhere local with one in stock. I'll be hunting for one for 350 or less next week when I get home.

Even the Maverick is 279 at Cabela's right now. Add in the parts and it would be over the Shockwave cost and a Maverick action/metal.

You're right, I didn't realize that 500s have gone up so much. In my mind they are still $249. I have a few, an old wood stock and blued one, and a newer polymer stock one I coated OD Green.

I found this kit when I bought my Shockwave brace and folding kit for the Scorpion yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
          Beat me to it!

Comment

325 shipped, no sales tax 10 to 15 for ffl

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
              325 shipped, no sales tax 10 to 15 for ffl

https://gun.deals/product/mossberg-5...after-code-ldn
              Or $639.99 for 2 shipped. Done. Thanks.

Comment

Funny you guys brought up the Shockwave I'm seriously considering picking one up. And some mini shells should be a fun gun. Also thought about the Remington version I just can't get over that ugly forend.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I paid $299 for mine from PSA.

Comment

Working...
                  X