IRS says I didnt file 2012...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS says I didnt file 2012...

But we have our copy. They owed us a refund. Sent the copy in but they haven't received. In the meantime I got another letter do I called today. IRS lady says if could take a month to acknowledge and receive the return. So I ask, if my return reflects a balance owed to me, then what. Looks like I'll take that free money if they error in my favor.

#milliondollarcobraV2 appreciates it!

Anyone been in the same boat before?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

From 2012?? Damn!

Comment

I get phone calls weekly that say I'm going to jail because of IRS if I don't call them immediately. Does that count?

Comment

Did you not get the refund for 2012?
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I was always under the impression they only have 3 years to audit your refunds. Guess thats not true?

Comment

Just wondering, how come you never followed up for a refund from 6 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              From 2012?? Damn!
              Exactly. Went onto IRS.gov and created my username and saw it for myself. Nothing listed in 2012.
              Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              I get phone calls weekly that say I'm going to jail because of IRS if I don't call them immediately. Does that count?
              Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Did you not get the refund for 2012?
              If they can't find my return. then I guess I didn't. This check I will certainly remember getting though.
              Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              I was always under the impression they only have 3 years to audit your refunds. Guess thats not true?
              7 years
              Originally posted by GE View Post
              Just wondering, how come you never followed up for a refund from 6 years ago?
              Crazy. I guess we didnt get a check.

Comment

The cops are coming to take you to jail.

After losing my job in 2009 I had literally no income as the economy tanked for almost 2 years. I didn't file for 2010 or 2011 as I lived off my savings and credit card (mistake I am still paying for). I had no income and my bank account can verify that...and I also lost my house thanks to Bank of America and the tenants I had that trashed it beyond my ability to repair. Guess I'll deal with it if they decide to ask questions...but without having an income I don't know what exactly I needed to report.
                Last edited by ram57ta; 08-15-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  The cops are coming to take you to jail.

After losing my job in 2009 I had literally no income as the economy tanked for almost 2 years. I didn't file for 2010 or 2011 as I lived off my savings and credit card (mistake I am still paying for). I had no income and my bank account can verify that...and I also lost my house thanks to Bank of America and the tenants I had that trashed it beyond my ability to repair. Guess I'll deal with it if they decide to ask questions...but without having an income I don't know what exactly I needed to report.
                  Damn man. I didn't know all of that (or forgot it).

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    Exactly. Went onto IRS.gov and created my username and saw it for myself. Nothing listed in 2012.If they can't find my return. then I guess I didn't. This check I will certainly remember getting though. 7 yearsCrazy. I guess we didnt get a check.

So you did file but they are not showing it. Did you get a return of any kind? Did you file it yourself or through a service?

This is one of the main reasons I've stuck with using Turbo Tax; because they keep a record of everything and they would be accountable (I would think) if something like this happened. We used to get a big discount with them through my job but not so much now. I use it more out of convenience even though I think I could get a bigger return if I went through someone local. But after hearing of a few people that my friends use get arrested for fraudulent returns, I've just stuck with Turbo Tax.

Comment

We always wind up owing the IRS something so there's always a record of them having received our return. I'm one of the few that still submits ours by snail mail, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        I don't get those, but I do receive numerous robo-solicitations to sign up with great Obamacare plans.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                          Exactly. Went onto IRS.gov and created my username and saw it for myself. Nothing listed in 2012.If they can't find my return. then I guess I didn't. This check I will certainly remember getting though. 7 yearsCrazy. I guess we didnt get a check.

Got it.
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

In 2013 the IRS contacted me saying they never got my 2006 taxes and with penalties and fees I owed them $52k. I was in Qatar making $75k that year, so it was just a matter of resubmitting my 1040 and 2555 form for working overseas. I mailed them the forms but kept getting IRS letters saying I owed money. I thought it was getting lost in the APO system. Emailed it to my dad, he faxed it to them, they said they didn't get it. My dad sent it certified mail, then they said it wasn't what they needed. About that time I get an insufficient funds letter from USAA. Logged in and all of my bank accounts were zero balance, taken by the IRS.

In the end, I had to get in touch with the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, IRS was given 30 days to get it resolved and they returned my money on the 29th day.

Fuck the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                              In 2013 the IRS contacted me saying they never got my 2006 taxes and with penalties and fees I owed them $52k. I was in Qatar making $75k that year, so it was just a matter of resubmitting my 1040 and 2555 form for working overseas. I mailed them the forms but kept getting IRS letters saying I owed money. I thought it was getting lost in the APO system. Emailed it to my dad, he faxed it to them, they said they didn't get it. My dad sent it certified mail, then they said it wasn't what they needed. About that time I get an insufficient funds letter from USAA. Logged in and all of my bank accounts were zero balance, taken by the IRS.

In the end, I had to get in touch with the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, IRS was given 30 days to get it resolved and they returned my money on the 29th day.

Fuck the IRS.
                              I'm going to stay on it until I see it in the system.

Comment

Working...
                              X