Where to sell baseball cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to sell baseball cards?

A friends retired mother has given me several books of baseball cards and asked me if I could try to sell them for her..she just found out she has cancer and is afraid she will need the money. I know nothing about selling baseball cards and thought maybe a few of you guys could give me some suggestions? She's been collecting them for a couple of decades and some of them date to the 70's. They've been kept indoors in baseball card plastic cases and are all in excellent condition.

I sold all my cards years ago but Nick’s sports cards in Richardson is the last card shop I know about.
    Last edited by AnthonyS; 03-04-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

There was a place in Plano by Compton Creek Mall, but I found Ebay to buy and sell too.

We have a few my wife collected when she was a youngster, a few of them are worth a few hundo and then the we have a Nolan Ryan rook, that should be worth a few thousand by now.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        There was a place in Plano by Compton Creek Mall, but I found Ebay to buy and sell too.

We have a few my wife collected when she was a youngster, a few of them are worth a few hundo and then the we have a Nolan Ryan rook, that should be worth a few thousand by now.
        I'm thinking this collection might be worth a bit...she has a lot of Nolan Ryan cards...and others.

Comment

You should start looking up values of cards you recognize, those are the ones you need to get graded and sell on ebay.

Rookies from George Brett, Carlton Fisk, Mike Schmidt, Bert Blyleven, Rollie Fingers, Johnny Bench, Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, Tom Seaver, Steve Carlton, Fergie Jenkins, etc...

A gem or mint rookie for a few of these guys can bring $20k on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

It's all about the grading. You can buy ungraded ones for $400 which is about what they were worth before his 5k strikeouts.

Comment

I had no idea these where still worth anything.

Comment

My buddy Raymond is helping this shop out while in his retirement yrs. http://www.dallascardshow.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  It's all about the grading. You can buy ungraded ones for $400 which is about what they were worth before his 5k strikeouts.
                  I might have to have this one graded, I also think its a '69 Mets card, not a rookie card.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I know all my cards from the 80’s and 90’s ain’t worth shit right now. Damn steroid users getting caught!

I have probably 5 unopened sets and a zillion misc cards
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

i figured most baseball cards are worth nothing nowadays, as most of the collectors are dying.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        I had no idea these where still worth anything.
                        The large majority of cards aren’t worth shit.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          You should start looking up values of cards you recognize, those are the ones you need to get graded and sell on ebay.

Rookies from George Brett, Carlton Fisk, Mike Schmidt, Bert Blyleven, Rollie Fingers, Johnny Bench, Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, Tom Seaver, Steve Carlton, Fergie Jenkins, etc...

A gem or mint rookie for a few of these guys can bring $20k on a good day.
                          Dang I have a couple of George Brett rookie cards! But the last I looked them up a few years ago they were only going for like $20.

Comment

This guy sells on eBay, buys cards all the time, he's fair and will buy them all

Daniel boshell (469)6626135

Tell him Billy sent ya

Comment

Amazon.com

They own everything else in the best possible way

Comment

Working...
                              X