Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica

One of my good friends is getting married in Jamaica next may. The wedding will be at Beaches Negril.

We will be flying in on Thursday and the wedding is on Saturday. We are trying to decide if we should stay at Beaches Negril for the full week, or move to another resort after the wedding.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

We stayed a week at Sandals Negril a couple years ago. We had a great time. They are both next to each other and you can use Sandals amenities if you want to get away from all the kids.

If you keep walking down the beach, you will end up at Hedonism 2. Its next door to Sandals. [emoji51]

Comment

i'd say at the resort, not much to see outside of them. at least not where i was in Montego Bay.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
        i'd say at the resort, not much to see outside of them. at least not where i was in Montego Bay.
        We are planning to stay at one of the resorts, since most of them are all inclusive. Just wondering if maybe we should move to a different part of the island after the wedding, or even a different resort chain altogether.

Comment

Avoid town and the mountains like the plague. The drivers are fucking insane, I've never been more scared in a car. Oh and watch for jellyfish in the ocean, ask me how I know.

Comment

The waterfalls in ochos suck, most of the island is a shit hole, and the jails are absolutely somewhere you don't want to see.

As mentioned, stick to the resort property.

Comment

Stay at Sandals (adults only) instead. We were married there and just went back to Negril on our 10yr. anniversary. The resort/food/beach is very nice and there is no reason to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Stay at Sandals (adults only) instead. We were married there and just went back to Negril on our 10yr. anniversary. The resort/food/beach is very nice and there is no reason to leave.
                Unfortunately there is a member of the wedding party that is not 18 yet, so we have to start at the family resort. Looking at prices, it saves a good deal of $$$ if we stay a week there instead of a few days there for the wedding and then on to an adults only resort.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  Avoid town and the mountains like the plague. The drivers are fucking insane, I've never been more scared in a car. Oh and watch for jellyfish in the ocean, ask me how I know.
                  ....how do you know?
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

fuck thats gonna be a expensive wedding for the guest

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                      ....how do you know?
                      They have these moon jellyfish and they wont hurt you, but bad ones lurk. I was swimming in shallow water, and caught the tentacles with my left arm. Felt like being electrocuted and rubbed with bull nettle at the same time. Had these giant welts come up.

I'm pretty sure half of Jamaica heard me cussing. Fun fact, if you ask a jamaican bar tender for his strongest drink, he doesn't hold back. Don't know what it was, but it was green, and a single solo cup full of it had me completely wasted for a good three hours.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        Unfortunately there is a member of the wedding party that is not 18 yet, so we have to start at the family resort. Looking at prices, it saves a good deal of $$$ if we stay a week there instead of a few days there for the wedding and then on to an adults only resort.
                        We've never been to Beaches for a comparison, but I would imagine that it is very nice since it is the same company running the show. We attempted to walk from Sandals to Beaches and made it about 3/4 of the way before we ran into a shady cocaine/rape area and turned back.

Comment

Ditto what others have said. Not much worth seeing outside of the resorts and not worth the trouble.
                          sigpic

Comment

Look at the spikes and broken bottles cemented into the tops of the fences around the resort. That spoke volumes to me.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              Look at the spikes and broken bottles cemented into the tops of the fences around the resort. That spoke volumes to me.
                              screw that

Comment

Working...
                              X