How much to do a house cleanout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    People who have had some form of toxoplasmosis might see the need to be extra careful with large amounts of it, especially the amount usually encountered in a hoarders home.
    Bingo. Must not have seen Trainspotting.

In my old neighborhood there was a problem house that I later found out was inhabited by a hoarder. I was coming home one day and the entire house was gone. It had been so infested with insects, rodents, and mold they just bulldozed the place into a dumpster after the guy died. Get the dumpster. You might end up spending less in time and garbage bags in the long run.

Comment

I helped my dad do exactly this on a house he got extremely cheap due to the hoarder who had lived in it for years...partially collapsed roof on the back which allowed rodents in. We had 3 large dump trailers brought in and we spent about 3 weeks clearing it out....furniture, dead animals, old computers and tv's, beds, firearms, thousands and thousands of books, cassette tapes, old radios. The kitchen and 1 enclosed shower in the master bath were filled up to about 4 ft height with old aluminum soup cans, soda cans, etc. It remains to this day one of the most disgusting things I have ever done in my life. I actually looked at a house yesterday that is listed for what seems to be a very good price in Duncanville...large yard, fairly nice area, in ground pool...except after walking around the house and looking in the windows the damage I saw will take over 100k to fix...collapsed ceilings, partially collapsed roof due to a large tree that fell on and opened the roof. The in ground pool has about 5 feet of green water in it with grass growing in it...by what is physically viewable I suspect the house was abandoned at least 10 years ago. It would be a nice house once repaired, but the amount of money it would take to make it nice I could buy a house that wouldn't require all the work for about the same price.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I expected a giant flaming roach to come busting up out of the floor at the end like in a movie.

"We got the queen..."

"We finally brought those sons a bitches down"
          Last edited by Broncojohnny; 11-05-2020, 09:07 PM.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Nice barg.
            As soon as I posted, I thought someone might call me out.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              As soon as I posted, I thought someone might call me out.
              How's it feel, you piece of shit?

Comment

What all is in the house? Cat poop? Must not be anything good if you just wanna leave it at the curb
                WH

Comment

12-2500 depending on labor hours. I’ve seen a LOT of these types. I’ve also seen some outliers that ran closer to $5,000. You’re going to need a dumpster. Most clean out folks won’t put it on the curb for liability reasons.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                  X