Any recourse for an incorrect survey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Who was the title company? Is this easement not recorded?

The problem here is that if the easement was not recorded and put into the title commitment then the surveyor might never know about it. If the easement was recorded but was not on the commitment as an exception that is on the title company.

In any event, a real estate attorney is going to ask you what your damages are. Really I think the only logical answer is whatever it costs to move the utilities. IE not much.

Lastly you may want to consider this a sign from the heavens and not build the pool. They are a fantastic waste of money.
    I'll have to go back and see who it was. I don't want to get into some big legal deal if it's just gonna cost me 500-1k or some other paltry sum to move it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I’m moving to Toronto.

Not really, just moving over near the Tollway.
      Upgrading to a second cowskin rug. Choo$$$choo$$$

I wouldn't in a million years build one, but am glad we bought a house with a pool. The original owners took most of the depreciation, and a pool can actually help sell a house in certain areas and times of year. Maintenance and chems is nominal, but though I'll be glad to not deal with it anymore once the kids are grown and gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Upgrading to a second cowskin rug. Choo$$$choo$$$

I wouldn't in a million years build one, but am glad we bought a house with a pool. The original owners took most of the depreciation, and a pool can actually help sell a house in certain areas and times of year. Maintenance and chems is nominal, but though I'll be glad to not deal with it anymore once the kids are grown and gone.
        Pool party at your place?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Pool party at your place?
          It's BYOK(ids) these days my man, with sippie cups in lieu of the red solo variety.

Comment

I've drank vodka out of a sippie cup before. I'm down.

Comment

Best option, sell the house and move again, to one with a pool already built.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I've drank vodka out of a sippie cup before. I'm down.
                I’ll vouch for that. Glad you reined that part of your life back in.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                X