No announcement yet.

Batten down the hatches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang is properly stowed. Let's do this.

Comment

I'm leaving all you punks behind, heading out to Matagorda Bay in 30 min. If it's gonna blow my house away, at least I will be sitting on a beach somewhere when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        I'm leaving all you punks behind, heading out to Matagorda Bay in 30 min. If it's gonna blow my house away, at least I will be sitting on a beach somewhere when it does.
        But what it's really going to do is shatter some windows and leave you with water damage that will cost just enough to make it a massive pain.

So all you will be able to think about on your vacation is how you're going to have to replace flooring, drywall...windows...etc. so your vacation will just be a big worry fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          But what it's really going to do is shatter some windows and leave you with water damage that will cost just enough to make it a massive pain.

So all you will be able to think about on your vacation is how you're going to have to replace flooring, drywall...windows...etc. so your vacation will just be a big worry fest.
          You gotta learn to leave tomorrows troubles for tomorrows you.

Enjoy the beach while you're there!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            You gotta learn to leave tomorrows troubles for tomorrows you.

Enjoy the beach while you're there!
            Even though this sounds like something Oprah would say, I dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Negative Nancy over here.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                Looks like we are in for round two of "Hailmageddon" tonight.
                Ha!

End of Days thanks to Pete Delkus!
                Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Mayfest. 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Mayfest. 1995.
                    I was shopping for my first car during that time period. It was slim pickings unless you were ok with a car that was smooth as a golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                      Ha!

End of Days thanks to Pete Delkus!
                      Fuckin' Pete. Harold Taft would never have let this happen.

Comment

Our director went ahead and sent everybody home a few hours ago, and both vehicles are in the garage, no complaints here. Bring on the chinks of ice.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          I was shopping for my first car during that time period. It was slim pickings unless you were ok with a car that was smooth as a golf ball.
                          "Speed dimples".

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            "Speed dimples".
                            Mythbusters approved.

Comment

April 5, 2003 I stood on my porch and watched my brand new truck get beat to shit with hail. I was having flash backs because I just bought a new truck last month. That bitch is in the garage this time!

Comment

If the local forecasters and the Texas Tech/Canadian/European models are correct, this might be the real deal. I take severe weather threats in Texas with a grain of salt. A degree in Atmospheric science and utilizing multi-million dollar weather radar technology, still these weather guys can't accurately predict the weather half the time. The storm for which this thread was created, turned out to be nothing more than a few sprinkles at my house and surrounding areas.

However, if tonight's D/FW forecast is remotely accurate then it's going to bad for everybody. Not just cars, but residential/commercial property. 50-70mph winds accompanied by tennis ball to softball size hail will ruin your day. Apparently, D/FW airport is going to halt operations for a period of time tonight.

I secured my deck and put a bunch of garage stuff in bed of my truck. I finally made enough room to squeeze our vehicles in the garage.

And.....it's probably just going to thunder and rain for about 15 minutes. But - You never know. Get ready for the roofing calls.

The fun is supposed to begin between 7 to midnight. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X