Possible Scam... Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Scam... Any Ideas?

Sitting at my desk at work and receive a call from someone asking for me by name. Considering I was at work and at my extension I confirmed who I was and asked how I could help them. They then asked me if I was a Project Manager at my company. (She said the company name) I confirmed the info.
    I once again asked how I could help her.

The Indian accented female then promptly said thank you and hung up.

Weird... I called back the same number where the recorded voice for the mailbox had a personal name and the voice was male and not accented. The mailbox was full.

This is almost certainly an identity scam I'm thinking.

You folks have any ideas of what the next steps should be at this point?

(Other than watching my bank accounts and credit cards)

PM Dan Bishop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      PM Dan Bishop.
      you mean Dan Bishop , project manager at GE?

Comment

Selling your data, phishing, identity theft...something like that.

What industry are you in?

Comment

Dan Bishop... classic

---------------------

I'm on the IT side of restaurants.

(Point Of Sale and Network Installs)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            PM Dan Bishop.
            Good ole Dan Bishop, he's still over at GE i think, still in project managment. What a character.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Wasn't Dan Bishop, project manager of GE, arrested for having sex with horses?

edit: lol just google "Dan Bishop GE" - I'm proud of this group

Comment

You didn't watch a VHS you found in the attic of a shady house, did you?

Comment

In the age of LinkedIn, I can't imagine that confirming your name and title would be all that dangerous.

Comment

I have gotten a few similar calls on my cell.
                    Asking to confirm personal information like last 4 of my social. And DL# every time I ask what it’s about or who there with and they tell me that I must Confirm my identity by providing them with the information requested. Before they can disclose further information. So I got mad and told her I understand and that it’s a wise precaution. Therefore I must confirm who I’m speaking with him before I give them my personal information so we just went back-and-forth so now I just keep hanging up on em.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                      Asking to confirm personal information like last 4 of my social. And DL# every time I ask what it’s about or who there with and they tell me that I must Confirm my identity by providing them with the information requested. Before they can disclose further information. So I got mad and told her I understand and that it’s a wise precaution. Therefore I must confirm who I’m speaking with him before I give them my personal information so we just went back-and-forth so now I just keep hanging up on em.
                      Just tell them the last four are 1-2-3-4 and your DL is 10203040

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                        Sitting at my desk at work and receive a call from someone asking for me by name. Considering I was at work and at my extension I confirmed who I was and asked how I could help them. They then asked me if I was a Project Manager at my company. (She said the company name) I confirmed the info.
                        I once again asked how I could help her.

The Indian accented female then promptly said thank you and hung up.

Weird... I called back the same number where the recorded voice for the mailbox had a personal name and the voice was male and not accented. The mailbox was full.

This is almost certainly an identity scam I'm thinking.

You folks have any ideas of what the next steps should be at this point?

(Other than watching my bank accounts and credit cards)
                        Post the bank and CC numbers here, we can scan the Dark Web for any occurrences of them, and let you know. It's safe, like a carfax really.

Comment

i never say " yes " or any other word that could be an agreement. you ask who's speaking i'll ask who did you call . i dont trust cubical morons at all .

Comment

I answer every shit call and waste as much of their time as possible.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                              That sounds like collectors..

Comment

Working...
                              X