X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pate

Anyone going, or already out there?
    G'Day Mate

I doubt they would have what I am looking for. 72 rivi front bumper and power steering bracket.

Comment

I've skipped out on Pate over the past several years...

Many vendors have about priced themselves out of reality using the American Pickers strategy in that "everything I have for sale is rusty gold"

I'd love to go check out the car corral but other plans will keep me away yet again this year.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
        I've skipped out on Pate over the past several years...

Many vendors have about priced themselves out of reality using the American Pickers strategy in that "everything I have for sale is rusty gold"

I'd love to go check out the car corral but other plans will keep me away yet again this year.

mardyn
        I looked at a pair of wheels for 200, walked around for a bit, and went back to buy them. the guy next to him had bought them, and put a piece of blue tape over the guy's 200 price tag with 300 on it. I argued with him for a few minutes, but he was being a dick.

I pulled the blue painters tape off when he wasnt looking and walked away. Most of the "professional swap meet" folks are buying the deals and reselling them on friday/sat.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Since it looks like I'm going to be busy and the meet is probably a bust, anyone have any Holley center hung fuel bowls lying around they want to sell cheap?
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Probably be there Saturday afternoon, missed the Decatur one already this year.

CN

Comment

Mini bike cruising after work today, and walking it tomorrow.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Most of the "professional swap meet" folks are buying the deals and reselling them on friday/sat.
                That happens a lot, which ruins it for the enthusiasts like us. I have other things going on this weekend and probably won't make it at all.

Comment

Yeah swap meets aren't the place to find deals anymore sadly. I just buy the parts online instead now. I bought the upper and lower pieces to a 1966 Mustang back seat online recently on craigslist for $100. They just need recovering. I bet they'd go for $200-$250 at a swap meet for no other reason than they can.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    That happens a lot, which ruins it for the enthusiasts like us. .

I think it's Standard Operating Procedure for full timers...

they all know each other, they travel from meet to meet each week, in fact, they'd probably rather sell to a fellow vendor (for less $$) than to me or you.

I suspect it's a small part of the whole "under the radar" cash based society that exists as vendors for flea markets/swap meets/traders village type operations.

I still enjoy attending the automotive based events, looking for that one diamond in the rough that I've wanted/needed forever, and trying to find it and buy it before the next sucker comes along and gets his cash out before I do.

mardyn

Comment

I went with the girlfriend and our dog (a greyhound) on saturday. I found a decent deal on a edelbrock 460 intake but that was about it. Other than that the highlight was every other person wanting to come up and pet our dog and talk to us about greyhounds.

Edit: I forgot we saw Tom Smith, the goofy fat mechanic, from Fast and Loud there. He was yelling at someone about the person selling a truck he wanted.
                      Last edited by Torinoman; 04-28-2019, 04:11 PM.
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

No! They closed the Pate museum!
                        WH

Comment

Walked around a bit on Saturday. Bought a couple of small things, but for the most part the prices were outrageous. As kind of inferred here, the good deals all happen on Wed/Thurs and sometimes Sunday. If you can't be there those days, then don't expect to find good prices. But there was a ton of stuff there!
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                          X