DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
barronj
Lifer

Default Anyone have a Cricut machine?

Anyone who uses this to make stickers and logos, can you share your experience?

They run ~$400 new, looking at used ones on CL, love to hear your thoughts.

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

what are you looking to do? Are you wanting to make a business out of it? Are you wanting to have it for random stuff?
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
barronj
Lifer

NOT looking to do anything other than random stuff. My ex stepmother inlaw's daughter (I wouldn't know what to call her, so I call her Rachel) has one and I have to rely on her for my monograms for my cups and stuff, want to be able to make those things on my own, and other vinyl designs I have in mind.

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
Old 01-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
Nate
Lifer

Got one for the wife (sitting 8 feet from me in the office now) and she uses the FUCK out of that thing. She made about 1/2 our Christmas presents to family (Tumblers/shirts/etc) and makes all sorts of shirts for the kiddo.

Everything her family has is a god damned theme party so it's paid for itself vs. ordering random shirts we wear once (that is an entirely different battle).

She even made window stickers for her new car (Buckeye and Bronco's logo's) and they are holding up nicely.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #5
barronj
Lifer

Which version did you buy, Nate?

Old 01-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
Mach1
rm -rf /

I got a cameo cutter it will do 12"x10ft, been great for cutting race car numbers and a slew of other things, I think it was $260, the vinyl that comes with it is crap I get 12x10 rolls of orcal 651 on amazon for like $6 a roll.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #7
BP
infidel

My wife's has probably broken even vs buying shirts/stickers if you don't count the cost of materials. She uses it quite a bit, probably more than I use my robobrew. I can drink the products I make though.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

If you are looking for random stuff that isn't super detailed. I can set you up for less than a hundo if you are local, if not, depends on shipping.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #9
barronj
Lifer

My current logo is pretty finely detailed.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #10
silverranger
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
If you are looking for random stuff that isn't super detailed. I can set you up for less than a hundo if you are local, if not, depends on shipping.
do tell?
silverranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #11
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverranger View Post
do tell?
I have an older machine, with sure cuts a lot 2 that I want out of my house. $75 and its yours, machine and software

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by black2002ls; 01-07-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #12
Gasser64
Lifer

Wife has one, she likes it. Prints out crafts and other woman shit. Machine seems to do its job pretty well.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #13
4EyedTurd
Lifer

Anybody wanna cut out a magnet that says “Don’t hit me” so I can stick it on my truck?
4EyedTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #14
HarrisonTX
Lifer

I have a .png file that I would like made into 1 sticker at a maximum 2" tall in either dark blue or metallic gold (if that exists). I want only the letters no background. If anyone would do this for me and accepts paypal please respond.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #15
silver_2000_tj
Time Served

I have a circuit Air II that I use for my powder coating cups, and shirts that I do on the side. I just recently bought a silhouette Cameo, but have not really got around to really playing with it. The Circuit is decent and their platform is decent, but you have you have to have in active internet connection to use it. Everything is run through their air/web page and you cannot do anything without the internet. The design studio is decent, but it has limitations, especially if you are using their print and cutting feature as it has a max size of 9.75 X 6.25. it will cut larger items, but the print and cut options are limited limited.
silver_2000_tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #16
71chevellejohn
my Maserati does 185

I bought the wife one last year, she used it for our invitations and several other things. It's an explore air 2, she likes it. I haven't messed with it myself except for helping her with some of the learning curve/shortcuts to make everything come out the way she wants it to.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #17
barronj
Lifer

Looking for a vinyl digi-camo pattern in grey, where would I shop for something like this?

Old 01-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #18
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barronj View Post
Looking for a vinyl digi-camo pattern in grey, where would I shop for something like this?
powerbottoms.com
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #19
barronj
Lifer

That site says it’s coming soon. Do you have any alternates?

Old 01-17-2019, 05:09 AM   #20
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

You will need a printed vinyl for that. You may try mycraftsource.com i'm not sure if they will do custom prints or not though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tags
ruff use cnc machine