DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #21
32vfromhell
Lifer
 
32vfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz View Post
thanks everyone. I appreciate all of the comments. not sure why I made the post I guess just a "poor me" moment. taking a couple meds for the seizures but I guess they haven't found the right combo because they keep happening or maybe I am just pretty fucked up lol.
sometimes it takes venting to "strangers" to get something off your chest.
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #22
BradM
Bad Santa
 
BradM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,028
Default

I hate to hear it. I hope you can get some help with your seizures. I can't imagine how I would feel in your shoes.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #23
slow84lx
Lifer
 
slow84lx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,930
Default

Sorry to hear about your health troubles. Hold your head high and experience / enjoy life as much as possible everyday. Come vent to us anytime you need to talk.
slow84lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #24
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
sometimes it takes venting to "strangers" to get something off your chest.
true statement. honestly I try to be strong and say nothing is wrong so my wife and daughter don't worry but honestly just I'm scared. shit is happening that I don't understand or even know about until someone around me is helping me up off the ground. it just sucks.
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:23 PM   #25
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

I do appreciate the replies guess it makes me feel like I am not doing this alone even though I am just staring into a damn monitor.
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #26
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member
 
Tx Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 14,237
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz View Post
man I hope so. wife is working 2 jobs right now. state pulled my driver licence . and i feel like shit watching her bust her ass for us. i just think I need to find some kind of job so i don't feel like such a damn fucking burden
PM about a job sent.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #27
krazy kris
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,218
Default

Not sure where you're located but if your anywhere near fort Worth hit up Dr Brent Alford he is a brain surgeon at Harris downtown fort Worth. He did my brain surgery after I had a siezure and they found a lime size vascular legion on my brain that affected my speech and fine motor skills. Hit me up if there is anything I can do.
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:05 PM   #28
mustang_revival
Lifer
 
mustang_revival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Keeping that vibe alive
Posts: 4,394
Default

Hang in there man. We all go through low spots, just know tomorrow will always be better.

Have you looked into CBD oil for your seizures? Its legal with no THC online or tell your DR you need a prescription and see what the options are..

http://www.tmc.edu/news/2018/06/trea...-with-cbd-oil/

Work from home job ideas: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Jobs/Work-From-Home
__________________
WRX

mustang_revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #29
kenny c
Lifer
VIP Member
 
kenny c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,553
Default

Best of luck to you
kenny c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:47 AM   #30
davbrucas
Lifer
VIP Member
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 12,967
Default

Tell me more about the “spot in your brain.” Was it found on MRI? Has lesionectomy been discussed?

You should see a neurosurgeon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
davbrucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #31
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
PM about a job sent.
Thank you!
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #32
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
Not sure where you're located but if your anywhere near fort Worth hit up Dr Brent Alford he is a brain surgeon at Harris downtown fort Worth. He did my brain surgery after I had a siezure and they found a lime size vascular legion on my brain that affected my speech and fine motor skills. Hit me up if there is anything I can do.
Thank you for the lead. I will see if he is in my shitty insurance network(Ambetter)
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #33
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Tell me more about the “spot in your brain.” Was it found on MRI? Has lesionectomy been discussed?

You should see a neurosurgeon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
was kinda hoping you would see this and chime in

Started off as headaches that would last for a couple days. started affecting my vision and my right hand after that. I have been having what I call a "dizzy spell" for a couple years now. I really never seem to notice it but people around me do. staring off into the distance and really not responding to people talking to me until they touch or shake me. I get extremely tired after a spell and can literally sleep for 24hrs straight. I have had a few MRI done with contrast and without, couple CT scans as well. I am seeing a neurologist and cardiologist as well. first MRI there was a white speck on the center part and so they wanted to watch it and last one it was about the size of a pencil eraser. it is pushing on my skull and mushrooming out is what they are telling me. pushing on nerves that are affecting my vision, speach and hand.
they had me on lyrica which I hated but now have me on promethazine because when I have my headache I get really nauseous. butal/acetamin/cf325-40 for my headaches and carbamazepine er and gabapinten. my neurologist is Kirit Shah and he is supposed to be good but who knows. I have done all the tests they asked for flashing lights, sounds, had to wear a portable thing with 23 sensors on my head lol for 3 days
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #34
txstangnut
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz View Post
actually been off work for a year Dec 22nd. they saw me have a seizure and were quick to cut the cord even though I was there for 14.5 years.
is that legal? I would not think so.
txstangnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:45 AM   #35
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people
 
lincolnboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Making Caking, Wyoming
Posts: 3,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz View Post
was kinda hoping you would see this and chime in

Started off as headaches that would last for a couple days. started affecting my vision and my right hand after that. I have been having what I call a "dizzy spell" for a couple years now. I really never seem to notice it but people around me do. staring off into the distance and really not responding to people talking to me until they touch or shake me. I get extremely tired after a spell and can literally sleep for 24hrs straight. I have had a few MRI done with contrast and without, couple CT scans as well. I am seeing a neurologist and cardiologist as well. first MRI there was a white speck on the center part and so they wanted to watch it and last one it was about the size of a pencil eraser. it is pushing on my skull and mushrooming out is what they are telling me. pushing on nerves that are affecting my vision, speach and hand.
they had me on lyrica which I hated but now have me on promethazine because when I have my headache I get really nauseous. butal/acetamin/cf325-40 for my headaches and carbamazepine er and gabapinten. my neurologist is Kirit Shah and he is supposed to be good but who knows. I have done all the tests they asked for flashing lights, sounds, had to wear a portable thing with 23 sensors on my head lol for 3 days
Staring spell siezure. Of course of you dont have any damage to the o brain the EEG wont pick anything up. Hope meds help if there is no damage to the o brain. I'm on off brand Kreepa and its controlling my Staring Spell Siezures. I feel the beginning of them but that's as far as it goes. Hope they find the issue or meds that help stop the triggering of the siezures
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #36
davbrucas
Lifer
VIP Member
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 12,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz View Post
was kinda hoping you would see this and chime in

Started off as headaches that would last for a couple days. started affecting my vision and my right hand after that. I have been having what I call a "dizzy spell" for a couple years now. I really never seem to notice it but people around me do. staring off into the distance and really not responding to people talking to me until they touch or shake me. I get extremely tired after a spell and can literally sleep for 24hrs straight. I have had a few MRI done with contrast and without, couple CT scans as well. I am seeing a neurologist and cardiologist as well. first MRI there was a white speck on the center part and so they wanted to watch it and last one it was about the size of a pencil eraser. it is pushing on my skull and mushrooming out is what they are telling me. pushing on nerves that are affecting my vision, speach and hand.
they had me on lyrica which I hated but now have me on promethazine because when I have my headache I get really nauseous. butal/acetamin/cf325-40 for my headaches and carbamazepine er and gabapinten. my neurologist is Kirit Shah and he is supposed to be good but who knows. I have done all the tests they asked for flashing lights, sounds, had to wear a portable thing with 23 sensors on my head lol for 3 days
Sounds more like a tumor than epilepsy. If you can get copies of the MRI reports I'd like to take a look.
davbrucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #37
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people
 
lincolnboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Making Caking, Wyoming
Posts: 3,629
Default

My staring spell ( complex partial ) siezure lasted about a minute when for about 3 maybe 4 years and one day I had the staring spell seizure all day and lead to a full out siezure. I was taken to the hospital, had Mri done and everything showed normal. I saw a specialist and put on keppra.
Also had an EEG and all showed normal. So far I can tell for me the keppra is controlling my staring spell seizure. I feel the beginning of them but that it.
It was rough and does put a beating on your mind.

I know some dont want to take meds but if it is a big help take it. I do hope they find a way to help control those siezure, make sure you talk to someone. I know it's hard keeping your feeling inside.
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:09 PM   #38
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnboy View Post
My staring spell ( complex partial ) siezure lasted about a minute when for about 3 maybe 4 years and one day I had the staring spell seizure all day and lead to a full out siezure. I was taken to the hospital, had Mri done and everything showed normal. I saw a specialist and put on keppra.
Also had an EEG and all showed normal. So far I can tell for me the keppra is controlling my staring spell seizure. I feel the beginning of them but that it.
It was rough and does put a beating on your mind.

I know some dont want to take meds but if it is a big help take it. I do hope they find a way to help control those siezure, make sure you talk to someone. I know it's hard keeping your feeling inside.
I appreciate your input man. Took my daughters dog for a walk yesterday morning and I guess had a "spell'
sitting on the park bench with absolutely no memory of taking him for walk. been in the bathroom throwing up all day yesterday and today. god damn this shit is wearing thin
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:11 PM   #39
kobuzz
Lifer
 
kobuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 2,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Sounds more like a tumor than epilepsy. If you can get copies of the MRI reports I'd like to take a look.
I will ask but thanks to my awesome obamacare my next appointment is in march
kobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #40
davbrucas
Lifer
VIP Member
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 12,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz View Post
I will ask but thanks to my awesome obamacare my next appointment is in march

You can go to their clinic and get the reports.
davbrucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cannabis oil, cmon craaaiiigggg, imma get you high

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.