High end scope test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High end scope test

Here is a good read and review of top to mid range glass. Some of the results were very surprising. Well worth the read before you spend your money.

A DATA-DRIVEN Approach to Precision Rifles, Optics & Gear
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Wow. That may take me a day or two to read. But looks to be full of educational value.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

That is pretty damn intricate. I'll have to read over that. I'm a little disappointed the vortex turret accuracy is 2% off at higher rotations. You really get what you pay for with US Optics and Hensoldt as expected.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

US has a hit or miss return rate for their price. The big surprise to me was the March scope as it is one of the more expensive tested.

Comment

Pretty interesting article. Based on price / value, I'd say I've been doing pretty good with Leupold glass. I know there are better scopes out there, but now I know US Optics or Hensholdt are really the two I should be looking at if I decide to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            US has a hit or miss return rate for their price. The big surprise to me was the March scope as it is one of the more expensive tested.
            LOL yeah that scope is a joke.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Pretty interesting article. Based on price / value, I'd say I've been doing pretty good with Leupold glass. I know there are better scopes out there, but now I know US Optics or Hensholdt are really the two I should be looking at if I decide to upgrade.
              The Leupold tested here are in the $2k+ price range. A far cry from even the decent MK4. I've felt for a long while that Leupold is over priced unless used or at the mil/leo price discount. Keep in mind this test/review is directed towards the prs crowd where dialing up and down are crucial. The br and f class crowd can get away with having to make slight adjustments along with the required ones since they are allowed some sighter rounds. I would throw S&B along with Kahles up in that list.
              Originally posted by CJ View Post
              LOL yeah that scope is a joke.
              Especially for the price. They are highly praised in the br and F-class crowd. I was pleased with the ranking of the Bushnell Elite Tac series scopes tested I have always liked those scopes and have had good luck with the one tac model I have. The ranking NF got optically surprised me. I didn't expect them to rank that high and I own one.

Comment

i really liked the note about usage of reticle holdover vs. dialing
                interesting it noted a 1/3 of the top shooters are using holdover.
                And you have to assume they can likely afford scopes with accurate adjustment...

so does this give more argument to going FFP, and grid style reticle holdover ?

Comment

Only if you are into the prs style of shooting competition.

Comment

Working...
                  X