Lets talk blocks......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk blocks......

I heard some of you guys were using a stock block on your turbo setup. I am using a SVO sportsman 2 bolt main block and after 6 passes I have eaten all the main bearings out of it. It didn't shift my last pass so I reached down and shifted it well the log said 8100 rpm. When I was loading it up I heard a squeal so I pulled it and noticed the bearings.

not sure how hard you are leaning on it, but sounds like an oil issue to me.

Comment

estimated roughly by mph and weight 1100-1200 hp

Comment

what kind of crank?

Comment

My buddy Clifton went 5.40's on a stock 1972 (or some such) 351 truck block. He had good pistons and rods in it. Stock crank and block.

If memory serves correct he put down around 900 maybe a bit more at the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
            My buddy Clifton went 5.40's on a stock 1972 (or some such) 351 truck block. He had good pistons and rods in it. Stock crank and block.

yea he is who I want to hear from, Scott said some of you guys kept hurting main bearings I was just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast.0 View Post
              yea he is who I want to hear from, Scott said some of you guys kept hurting main bearings I was just wondering.
              Your car is capable of making a lot more power than Cliftons car did back then. Shit can the stock block.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                Your car is capable of making a lot more power than Cliftons car did back then. Shit can the stock block.
                I got another block, I am just wondering what some of you FW guys were doing. I only made 6 passes, I just dont want to spend any more money on the car this season, it would be nice to actually race it

Comment

Got any pics of the bearings?

Comment

no I will tomorrow, all I have is the slushy in my pan

Comment

It was d.s.s piston, eagle rods and stock crank, block F4TE. I have his old pistons and rods

Comment

Originally posted by Fast.0 View Post

I can tell you this much..the only time he spun a bearing was doing a 1/4 mile pass and he over revved the motor. He took it past 8,000 on accident.

The only other motor carnage was when he dropped a valve but that was of course no fault of the motor. He is running a Pro Comp block now and has had no problems with it. He didn't even pull the motor apart after rolling the car 85 times at Kennedale a couple years back.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                          It was d.s.s piston, eagle rods and stock crank, block F4TE. I have his old pistons and rods
                          Yes I know...I see they are treating you very well!

Comment

Yes I know...I see they are treating you very well!
                            It is but I'm no where near what he ran. Maybe with bigger turbo it will

Comment

could also have alot to due with the state of tune up, and set up of the crank.

Comment

Working...
                              X