Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anymore thoughts on this Keith?
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Thought about it. My Dad got a visit from ATF due to a large number of transactions buying, selling, and trading firearms. Said due to the number they requested him to get an FFL. Don't know if he's decided to do it yet or not as there is nothing illegal in his dealings.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I have looked into it but the Coppell zoning and planning board is anti-gun. For the children.
        I was really surprised to find out grab-a-gun was here.

I can imagine a shop in the middle of town would do really well. It's unfortunate they won't let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Thought about it. My Dad got a visit from ATF due to a large number of transactions buying, selling, and trading firearms. Said due to the number they requested him to get an FFL. Don't know if he's decided to do it yet or not as there is nothing illegal in his dealings.
          Read the law, much of it states "intent" as the crucial differentiation between legal, and not.
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I am sure the above can be written off on taxes as business expenses.

Anyone weighed the pros and cons for this?
            You probably wouldn't be able to deduct as much of that as you might hope given some personal use of those assets. Also you would have to look out for the hobby loss rules on top of all it.
            Last edited by jakesford; 01-04-2014, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Charles, they would have to spend 5 hours outside knocking on the door at 3am if they pulled that shit. Cause no fucking way am I getting up to answer it.
              The same bill that keeps more full autos from being added to the NFA register also stops the ATF form doing the 3am inspections.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                Also you would have to look out for the hobby loss rules on top of all it.
                Could you please expound on these "rules"?

Comment

I had my ATF interview a week or so before Christmas.

I got my DBA, tax ID number, and submitted my application a few months ago. I formed the business out of my house and am becoming a manufacturing FFL. The ATF said that the hand up was the fire marshal, but the new guy is apparently ok with limited firearm manufacturing.

I should have my FFL by the end of the month. The process is really easy. The reason I decided to get it is because I get so many good deals through my blogging gig that I want to be able to buy legally with intent to sell (also, sweet sweet post sample machine guns).
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Do you happen to have a blog going over the process? Or, would you mind writing a "this is how I did it [insert legal disclaimer here]" thread?

Comment

I had my ATF interview a week or so before Christmas.

I got my DBA, tax ID number, and submitted my application a few months ago. I formed the business out of my house and am becoming a manufacturing FFL. The ATF said that the hand up was the fire marshal, but the new guy is apparently ok with limited firearm manufacturing.

I should have my FFL by the end of the month. The process is really easy. The reason I decided to get it is because I get so many good deals through my blogging gig that I want to be able to buy legally with intent to sell (also, sweet sweet post sample machine guns).
                      What exactly would you be able to manufacturer if equipment wasn't an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        What exactly would you be able to manufacturer if equipment wasn't an issue?
                        Any firearm or ammunition with the exception of destructive devices and NFA items as they require an additional license.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          Could you please expound on these "rules"?

Basically if you are running a side business that operates at loss year over year (among other tests) the service can come in and argue that you are not able to deduct these losses. Essentially why would a reasonable person continue to operate a business with no profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                            Do you happen to have a blog going over the process? Or, would you mind writing a "this is how I did it [insert legal disclaimer here]" thread?
                            I haven't yet as I do not have the license in hand, but I will post up on the blog when I have it.

What would you like to know?
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Essentially why would a reasonable person continue to operate a business with no profit.

A not for profit company would.

Comment

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Business-or-H...for-Deductions

Basically if you are running a side business that operates at loss year over year (among other tests) the service can come in and argue that you are not able to deduct these losses. Essentially why would a reasonable person continue to operate a business with no profit.
                                Thanks!

I haven't yet as I do not have the license in hand, but I will post up on the blog when I have it.

What would you like to know?
                                A LOT! Like, I might have to just meet you in downtown Fort Worth one evening and buy diner/beers. While not the writer you are, I have a strong inkling to do the same. A manufacturing FFL. All the cool factor benefits aside, I REALLY need to start a small business and it might as well be in the area that interests me most.

Comment

Working...
                                X