Trusts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusts...

Did you guys have a lawyer prepare your NFA trusts or use software? I would imagine a lawyer wouldn't charge more than 300 to prepare one. Anyone know a good lawyer that does it at a fair price?

I would get a lawyer to do it simple fact is you have someone to turn to if the ATF fucks up/around with trusts. A lawyer should provide representation/backing/consultation etc if your trust is ever challenged.

Comment

PM sent with the info you need.

Comment

Yup, Mark Toronjo. I'll send you/ post his info in a bit.
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Mark Toronjo, 214-609-8787

Tell him Ben sent you
          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            I would get a lawyer to do it simple fact is you have someone to turn to if the ATF fucks up/around with trusts. A lawyer should provide representation/backing/consultation etc if your trust is ever challenged.
            Very valid reason. And I am not arguing it but I am curious, how far would a lawyer defend your position based on a $300-450 initial payment for the Trust?

I bought my trust from a Lawyer.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Glad this came back up, a trust is on my shortlist after we buy a house.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Very valid reason. And I am not arguing it but I am curious, how far would a lawyer defend your position based on a $300-450 initial payment for the Trust?

I bought my trust from a Lawyer.

No clue. Probably depends on te attorney. But I'd be knocking on his door if a challenge ever came up and they'd damn well better help.

Comment

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to trusts, so please bare with me. I pay a lawyer 9300 dollars to set up a trust, and that allows me to transfer NFA regulated stuff once I purchase it and pay the tax stamp. Here is where my ignorance comes in. I have to pay the tax stamp regardless, so what are the advantages of a gun trust?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Comment

Damn auto correct. I meant 300 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                      I am pretty ignorant when it comes to trusts, so please bare with me. I pay a lawyer 9300 dollars to set up a trust, and that allows me to transfer NFA regulated stuff once I purchase it and pay the tax stamp. Here is where my ignorance comes in. I have to pay the tax stamp regardless, so what are the advantages of a gun trust?

Thanks in advance for the info.
                      You cant just pay the tax. You have to have a trust or get some police person to sign of on it and good luck with that.

Comment

Trusts...

You can't just buy the stamp and get NFA items, legally. You either have to do a trust or get a CLEO signature for each and every NFA item that you want to purchase or transfer, which can be very difficult.

The trust is not just for guns, you can add anything and anyone to your trust.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have it all taken care of now! As far as payment for the tax stamp, do you guys just send in a personal check for the $200? I saw some people on another site talking about opening an account for the trust and paying from it. I don't get why the atf wouldd give two shits who pays the tax stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                            Thanks guys. I have it all taken care of now! As far as payment for the tax stamp, do you guys just send in a personal check for the $200? I saw some people on another site talking about opening an account for the trust and paying from it. I don't get why the atf wouldd give two shits who pays the tax stamp.
                            Only benefit is it is another account. I paid for all my trust's stamps.

Comment

I went with a lawyer. No complaints.

Comment

Working...
                              X